Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Book Club

Comments

• ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited January 30, 2017
    -Removed, Controversial Topics are not allowed on the forum.-
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,140
    edited January 22, 2017
    @Shaeli That's some speech you did there,but anyway...enjoy your forums here!

• StagedNoteStagedNote
    Mabinogi Rep: 860
    edited March 31, 2017
    Hello everyone, I've posted another chapter of the Story Writing series, "Story Writing, 19."
    The series is slowly coming to a close~ Expect the ending in 1-2 chapters! Thanks everyone, for their support x]
    Author Name: Twinearth
    Server Name: Mari

List of expired works:
    Story Writing:
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    I made one as well:
    This is a continuation to my first no-sense novel "Bearing the bad news"
    It's called "Ruairi Day"
    Server: Alexina
    IGN: Skyshooter1
  • ShaeliShaeli
    What? Images? Fixed? *squee*

Anima, Ch.19: Aftermath
    Author: Shaeli<br />
    Server: Mari<br />

ch19promo_art.jpg

When the gods clash, mere mortals are powerless to step in.
    Glas Ghaibleann may have been slain, but Cichol had a backup plan.

• StagedNoteStagedNote
    Guess it's in celebration of Lunar New Year~ Kidding xD
    ...In celebration of Lunar New Year though--my next chapter of "Story Writing." will be postponed until next week~
    --cya guys there! =P
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    edited January 28, 2017
    The 16th volume of "Knight's War" is now out,the next volume will be out next weekend!See you there!
    IGN: Royred
    P.S:Today is Lunar New Year which is my culture holiday so,better show some respect here;but still it does not matter about what nation I born at,the matters is I am an earthing just like everybody&everyone that is a earthling,even if there's a person that is a superhuman=having abnormal talent.
  • FableAuraFableAura
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,155
    Hello, All!
    First book published and it has been uploaded to youtube in all it's ambiance.

Life Skills: Part I
    Author: Fableaura
    Server: Tarlach

Link: https://youtube.com/watch?v=aT7wJRYFqt8
  • StagedNoteStagedNote
    edited March 31, 2017
    Whoa, new person, how exciting~ xD Hope to cya again next week or so~
    Also, welcome back, Froglord! Good to cya again~
    ..Due to a heavy workload, I have to postpone the next chapter of the "Story Writing." series...look forward to it next week or so~
    I'll keep the links updated so that y'all can read the original text, as they expire, though..

List of works:
    Story writing:
    Unlimited Smash Works:

...On another note, has anyone tried uploading MabiNovels earlier than a one week interval? xD
    Until next week~
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Well, I'm not taking any time off, I've got 40-ish more chapters to write. -_-
    StagedNote wrote: »
    ...On another note, has anyone tried uploading MabiNovels earlier than a one week interval? xD
    The minimum wait time appears to be 6 days 1 hour, same as rebirths. I'm sticking to a weekly schedule though, gives me more time to write.

Anyway, this week's installment, which wraps up the second of five arcs...

Anima, Ch.20: Revelation

ch20promo_art.jpg

Meara is finally given a small glimpse into her lost past from a divine perspective. It is terrifying to contemplate.
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    The 17th volume of "Knight's War" is now out,the next volume will be out next weekend! See you soon!
    P.S:When will the changing avatar names for players is going to be out? >_<
  • ShaeliShaeli
    edited February 12, 2017
    Starting up the third arc of this long tale. It will be...transformative. In more ways than one.

Anima, Ch.21: The New Normal

ch21promo_art.jpg

A month has passed since Glas Ghaibleann was slain. Life is going back to normal for Uladh, but not for Meara. At Morrighan's behest, her friends enlisted to train to become Paladins, and this now consumes their every waking moment. Meara's made a new friend and taken up a new hobby to try and fill the voids in her life, but can't ignore her old friends growing more exhausted and more distant with every passing day...
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    The 18th volume of "Knight's War" is now out,the next volume will be out next weekend!See you there!
  • ShaeliShaeli
    And then there were two.

Anima, Ch.22: Obstructions

ch22promo_art.jpg

Meara goes to Emain Macha and tries to find out what the aims of the Paladin Knights are, only to be obstructed at every turn. She even thinks to infiltrate the Knights, but it seems they have a dim opinion of non-humans...

• RoyRedRoyRed
    The 19th volume of "Knight's War" is now out!The next volume will out next weekend!See you there!
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'm trying to make a new novel! Except.. does anyone know how to edit an already existing dialogue? It keeps making new ones instead of editing the one I select? I'm sorry for my stupid question. xP
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Sherri wrote: »
    I'm trying to make a new novel! Except.. does anyone know how to edit an already existing dialogue? It keeps making new ones instead of editing the one I select? I'm sorry for my stupid question. xP

Unfortunately, you can't go back and edit a dialogue after you've added it—not without deleting it and everything after it, and then re-doing it all. The cursor will just be stuck at the beginning. -_-x

This is why I do my writing in an external application (I use Notepad++), then copy/paste it into the game when it's time to post a new chapter. Along with the lines of dialogue, I note changes in background/cut-in portraits/music. 90% of the work is done before I even open the in-game editor.

Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Shaeli wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »

Unfortunately, you can't go back and edit a dialogue after you've added it—not without deleting it and everything after it, and then re-doing it all. The cursor will just be stuck at the beginning. -_-x

This is why I do my writing in an external application (I use Notepad++), then copy/paste it into the game when it's time to post a new chapter. Along with the lines of dialogue, I note changes in background/cut-in portraits/music. 90% of the work is done before I even open the in-game editor.

Ohh okay, that's pretty smart :D
    I should do something like that. I usually just begin writing in the actual MabNovel maker.
    They should really of made the controls for that easier in the first place though :/
  • SherriSherri
    Well.. Got my story done.

Ciel Blanc ~ Ch. 1
    IGN: Mizuli
    Server: Mari
  • StagedNoteStagedNote
    edited March 31, 2017
    -reads Novels- Hmm, hmm xD
    Hello everyone~ Sorry about the sudden disappearance--I wasn't able to post my previous forum post, and was swamped with work, haha.

...but anyways, I've released "Story Writing, 20." I guess it didn't end this chapter xD Maybe next chapter?
    Well, as long as I'm not busy with work, expect the next chapter next week! =P

Server Name: Mari

List of expired works
    Story Writing: