Check out the patch notes for the October 15th update: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23838/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Small rant.

LiyetaLiyeta
Mabinogi Rep: 6,060
in General Chat
I don't really know if mabinogi GM actually check the game or not but ever noticed there is a lot of gold farming lately ? Like a character with 3 of their alt spamming shadow mission, making hundreds million of gold. Also all the in game item exchange for real money.

I don't think i feel safe playing the game and spending my own money while this kind of shady behavior is the norm in game.

Is there nothing that can be done to prevent this ?

Thank you for reading.
P.s i really want to use the tittle A rather irritating thing I'm noticing lately... But nah~
GretaIyasenuSutaruMirralChanSylviaWolfeAlmostNotsuperNilrem

Comments

• FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,565
    edited April 6, 2017
    Something should be done, but you know the 1% players will cry when they won't have the cash to make their alban knight gears.

These bots and RWT gold selling idiots are really peeving me off bad too.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,045
    edited April 6, 2017
    Yeah, i know few players in Alexina who somehow manage to make like 10~20m gold within week and they are selling that gold for PP or KK. There was few people who asked that guy how gets so much gold in such short time and that seller just replied "doing SM/Dungeons and such". Seriously, some people are making a living out of this game. And no, i'm not buying gold if you think how i know this, i'm just in MabiHub group in Facebook.
    SylviaWolfe
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Greta wrote: »
    Yeah, i know few players in Alexina who somehow manage to make like 10~20m gold within week and they are selling that gold for PP or KK. There was few people who asked that guy how gets so much gold in such short time and that seller just replied "doing SM/Dungeons and such". Seriously, some people are making a living out of this game. And no, i'm not buying gold if you think how i know this, i'm just in MabiHub group in Facebook.
    10-20m within a week is not a lot though for an end game/super strong player?..Assuming said player is one.
  • FaithrendFaithrend
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    Yeah I can make about 1m in 45mins doing shadow missions lol
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 7, 2017
    Faithrend wrote: »

Minus all dam repairs and gear breaks lol. But still, i really dislike the idea of people making real money this way, so against ToS.
    FaithrendFlorist
  • FaithrendFaithrend
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    I agree, I don't mind that the rare reforged items are very pricey because that gives you a goal to work towards I feel like. but as far as buying items with real money very unfair to the lower class Mabinogi player or free player who have to work for everything over time.
    Greta
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    edited April 7, 2017
    I agree, I don't mind that the rare reforged items are very pricey because that gives you a goal to work towards I feel like. but as far as buying items with real money very unfair to the lower class Mabinogi player or free player who have to work for everything over time.

People actually brag about this in game. Like lol i bought this cs20 firewand for $40. Or l bought r6 crk for $30 each. Or i bought 70m gold for $10 per 7m. There is also the "i buy nx with gold to buy gacha and i gain x profit from selling the item for cash and gold" thats one gambler in the making right there.

Really really please supervise your game a bit more. With that kind of environment i dont think i can recommend this game for kids and teen.
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 50,640
    The thing I am concerned about this potential witch hunt is that there may actually be legitimate players.
    BlissfulkillZephyrsongishnotmehShakaya
  • GretaGreta
    Gaea wrote: »
    The thing I am concerned about this potential witch hunt is that there may actually be legitimate players.

Well nothing is legit when it comes to item/gold exchange for real money and vice versa.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    edited April 7, 2017

Well they dont have to do a witch hunt. There is a lot of other way to restrict such behaviour.

An example would be fixing the ingame report button so player can report shady things with screenshot proof much easier and quicker. That button have been broken and ignored for a very long time.

Also they could do better job with ticketing system. You know when there is a report about player with alt abusing shadow mission their reply is pretty much "yes we dont like cheater, buut~ lol we may or may not take action about this XD mabi … mabi not. Ookay this ticket is solved now gtfo"

Also mabi gm and cm DO know who is selling things with real cash since the sales are everywhere. They just choose not to do anything about it.
    Gretabadnewsbarrett
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 50,640
    edited April 7, 2017
    The report system works just fine, I can attest to that without revealing names. Plus if they made the report system too easy, it would flood their ticket system with a bunch of false or ungrounded reports and we would be back in the dark ages again.

If something really needs reported, there is a proper form to fill out via the this website which will request proof. Some effort on the player is a necessity for the stability of our customer service.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 7, 2017
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Also they could do better job with ticketing system. You know when there is a report about player with alt abusing shadow mission their reply is pretty much "yes we dont like cheater, buut~ lol we may or may not take action about this XD mabi … mabi not. Ookay this ticket is solved now gtfo"

Yeah, ticket system is really lacking better job. About 3 weeks ago, I reported in support about 2 players advertising Mabinogi private server. One of GM's replied and said that they appreciate my proactive role by reporting that private server. But it needs to be investigated and still made that ticket as "Solved". Wth, nothing was solved there... I literally posted 2 screenshots of private server ads in game and they still need to investigate it. I actually wanted them to do something about those 2 players, but they just went with "Meh.." and talked about that private server website instead. Sigh... I heard that they don't make any actions about reported players unless they get more reports from others about them too, so R.I.P. Mabinogi.

• SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I agree. Stuff like that in small amounts usually doesn't turn me away from a game, but it's starting to foul the overall atmosphere.
    GretaLiyeta
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,940
    You are correct. They may just be mule accounts to open up additional shops using alts. It may be overblown to believe that this is a sense of illegitimate methods as I previously thought.

Thinking back, I am worried about the possibility of item duping making it returns, more than anything. I think I previously argued against the inconsistency in Nexon's TOS regarding these methods compared to multi-clienting, but overall, I do not see it as harmful in this case if there is NOT any item duping, or any other such drastic modifications.

• SeyrenLKSeyrenLK
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    edited April 7, 2017
    I am not against gold seller, I am against gold spamming!

Anyway~
    I grew up in a third world country where current min wage is $0.25(USD) per hour before tax which is high so a lot of people does under the table pay.
    I have a friend there who work as a elementary/high school security guard with under the table pay of $14~ish a month, pay day is every 15th of the month, hours 7am to 5pm, Mon-Fri, 9am to 2pm Sat.

IMO if I still live in third world country I'll be milking mabinogi and would probably doing the things that you guys are hating.
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 7, 2017
    So now tell me, what do you think about these similar looking group of players? They are on same guild, their name looks very similar to each other and they look like all alts standing on Taillteann Stonehenge.

258b1qo.png

Seriously, i even see a bunch of alts standing next to Peddler in most channels. Of course, getting x4, x6 or even more rewards than a regular player with 1 account would. It really concerns me when i think about how this game economy is messed up because of things like this.

• ZephyrsongishnotmehZephyrsongishnotmeh
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    edited April 7, 2017
    honestly you guys shouldn't be assuming things about people/chars that you have no knowledge about whatsoever. Yes Bots/duppers are bad and I like to think most people know why and how it affects MMOs but not every TOS abuse is malicious or even harmful to how You as an individual plays and enjoys the game. Just because someone bought a gear or outfit with money they made from working 9-5 doesn't make them the ISIS of mabi.

There's a difference between following the letter of law vs the spirit of it. Don't be one of those blind Zealots that lumps everyone together and mindlessly goes around spewing and acting on self-serving justice.

Just to be clear I don't RWT/PP/or bot and I'm all for reporting bots/dupers if you have valid proof, I just thought that we learned our lesson about witch hunts back in the 19th century....

Minus all dam repairs and gear breaks lol. But still, i really dislike the idea of people making real money this way, so against ToS.

If your really getting upset at how people make money playing a video game over working at a job they hate that sucks the very soul out of them maybe you should rethink some of your own choices and I don't mean you specifically but all of those triggered by it.
    Alof
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,100

Yeah. So is using multiple characters at once.

PLEASE stop with the witch hunt crap. I don't say this to target you specifically: I've been seeing it around a lot in topics like this and it's starting to annoy me. It's like 'FUD' or 'elitist' - Mabi forums meaningless buzzword of the month. If any witch hunt is taking place, it's being conducted by us, the players, and a witch hunt without any tangible consequences hardly matters at all. Note: We players are pretty much incapable of imposing any such consequences.

Nexon wouldn't just start banning people for no reason (they don't seem willing to ban some people for ample reason). Either they have access to the information they need to confirm whether what is happening is legitimate or not, or they don't, in which case they just won't do anything. I like to think the former is the case, but they do have a track record of leaving themselves open to exploit when it comes to this game. And then they only punish the most negligible of offenses (like that one event they left glitched and then temp banned players over abusing for GEMS) - probably because that's all they can manage, or at least all they care to manage.
    SeyrenLK wrote: »
    I am not against gold seller, I am against gold spamming!

Yeah, I agree with you. I don't see anything wrong with selling gold on an individual level - if you want to spend your life gathering in game resources to attempt to sell through an insecure transaction, go right ahead. It's not even that game breaking, as long as you're limited as a single player should be. Even if there were anything wrong with it, it's pretty much impossible to stop it. Better companies than Nexon have tried.

The problem is, it's too easy to get around that 'single player' restriction, and those who do so seemingly aren't punished for it. Two ways to go about fixing this: 1.Stop people from doing it (difficult) 2.Level the playing field so that there's no meaningful advantage to playing with multiple accounts, over playing with a single account (all but impossible).

What we need is a mixture of both approaches.
    -Force players to link accounts to a phone number or something (might as well implement 2-step authorization in the process)
    -Nerf players - their reforges, primarily - so they can't solo content with meaningful rewards so easily (Pretty sure a bot with decent stats and a good FH set can carry a couple more bots through Conflict at this point, and I actually suspect one of these suspicious groups is doing this)
    -Nerf content rewards (at least gold rewards) to make sure no significant amount of gold is given unless a certain amount of time/difficulty is invested/overcome
    -Buff monsters so a significant portion of them aggro and actually attack before they get nuked. This is a big reason why stuff like Conflict is so easily done nowadays, to begin with.
    -Improve overall Quality of Life in the game, so there's less reason to even make more accounts (This applies to em-words too by the way: add more in-game options to lessen lag, and most people won't bother with them). Stuff like increasing storage space so there's no reason to make a new account for bank space, making sure certain items can't be traded. They've actually done a pretty good job of this as of late; I know they can't take it too far 'cause storage is a large part of the reason people spend moneys on this game.
    Greta
  • HCLWHCLW
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    So now tell me, what do you think about these similar looking group of players? They are on same guild, their name looks very similar to each other and they look like all alts standing on Taillteann Stonehenge.

258b1qo.png

Seriously, i even see a bunch of alts standing next to Peddler in most channels. Of course, getting x4, x6 or even more rewards than a regular player with 1 account would. It really concerns me when i think about how this game economy is messed up because of things like this.

Would it make u feel any better if they looked differently, if there names had nothing in common or w8 maybe they need to be in totally different guilds. when there is an item you want in a shop and it s cheap do u care if the person who got that happen to get it while they were spamming a mission or dungeon and happen to get it on one of there alts. the way i see it games has other problems and this ain't one of them, just because other ppl are making more in game money then u need to be so jealous about it. i personalty don't do the whole multi characters at once thing, but i see nothing wrong with the ppl that do. everyone has a place style that suits them and and this post to me its like this if u haven't in pass or are not doing it now, you will at some point so whats the problem ?
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 7, 2017
    HCLW wrote: »
    Would it make u feel any better if they looked differently, if there names had nothing in common or w8 maybe they need to be in totally different guilds. when there is an item you want in a shop and it s cheap do u care if the person who got that happen to get it while they were spamming a mission or dungeon and happen to get it on one of there alts. the way i see it games has other problems and this ain't one of them, just because other ppl are making more in game money then u need to be so jealous about it. i personalty don't do the whole multi characters at once thing, but i see nothing wrong with the ppl that do. everyone has a place style that suits them and and this post to me its like this if u haven't in pass or are not doing it now, you will at some point so whats the problem ?

You will care about these problems, because this game got an inflation that is increasing really fast with all that gold selling/buying and alt spamming. I hate when people are being ignorant about things that seem not right or okay at all and later when they get affected by it, they finally wake up and start to do some action, but it will be probably too late already if that ever happens...

badnewsbarrett