Check out the patch notes for the October 15th update: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23838/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Small touchy topic

LiyetaLiyeta
Mabinogi Rep: 6,060
in General Chat
Lets start a small discussion c:
What do you think about the current in game mabi communty ?
What couse it to be like that ?
Do you want it to change ?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,045
    edited August 7, 2017
    Liyeta wrote: »
    What couse it to be like that ?

What do i think about our game community?
    It's really colorful in my opinion. I see nice players, i see weird players, i see toxic/troll players, i see fashionistas, i see elitists... I honestly see soooo much different people and i think it's amazing. But...
    I kinda noticed that this community has a lot of hidden negativity towards Nexon or/and for this game, i also noticed that there are always people who randomly come in to these forums and try to kill the mood for others with topics like: "The game is dying, good time to quit before it's too late; Elf QQ thread; Nexon will never do Server Merge; [insert random skill name] needs to be nerfed/fixed because...; another trashy gacha; i stopped playing this game X months/years ago (then why the hell you are even here? Wth???); etc.". Some people will always complain i guess. I also think that some complaints have a good point and sometimes complaining does help our community, but i wish i could see more positivity towards this game as well...

What caused it to be like that?
    I honestly don't know. I guess it depends on what group you get yourself into and also what influence you get from others. I think that the huge impact of what developers are doing also influences what community and fans will think about this game and this company. Probably the cloud of negativity is slowly corrupting us too... You can never fully tell what's happening in the game communities. You will never know what everyone's thinking. :#
    Goldtiger01SherriKokoroObsimNaomii66HumiliatingKensamaofmariShiftyHardmuscle
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    edited August 7, 2017
    no one likes change. cause change is good for us :C
    pawcalypseArchdukeValeCortezHardmuscle
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,305
    edited August 7, 2017

Everyone lives on their nostalgia but not everybody likes the same old things forever. The game will have updates and will change how things work. It's hard to accept certain new aspects that come your way but you got to adjust or ignore them if there is no other way to resolve it. Filing complaints is one way to get your opinion about certain matters even if you tried to live with it but nothing works out.

The community in disagreement of some features is not a bad thing, it's diversity and it gives a culture to specific play-styles of the game; casual, veteran, noob, etc.. However, there are those who may feel unsatisfied and cannot bear some condition of the game - they just cannot accept it. This makes them not play the game as usual or make them leave the game entirely. It can't be helped not everyone have the same opinion of things even if they agree on some things.
    Hardmuscle
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 50,640

Yeah but the change has to be good. lol.
    Hardmuscle
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,535
    I always run into snobs. Of course I meet the occasional friendly person but usually they are just the snob that shows off their outfits/stats/armor/etc.
    Of course I don't believe all people are like that,.. but I always run into them. x_x

Though with negativity towards Nexon.. well, my opinion is constantly changing about them.
    One day I want to personally fly to South Korea and slap them and another day I'm throwing my money at them.
    Usually I just poke fun at them;
    Noxen is at it again!
    Hardmuscle
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I'm generally nice to everyone in game, if a newb comes over and asks for help I will help them out with a run or two and answer questions they have. I leave my equips available for view so I don't get a ton of questions about what I am wearing. (Honestly I feel everyone should do that instead of leaving it some elitist secret. PVP IS DEAD).
    SherriHardmuscle
  • AlypseAlypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 460
    I'm one of the people that see a lot of snobs, too :/ Especially when I'm selling something- the ones that ask for my c/o or a/w say things like "wow, don't expect to sell it at that price" or "Ok. wow. thanks." If you don't like the price just don't send a note at all... I don't think those comments are necessary tbh. Sorry, small rant...
    ShouKbadnewsbarrettGretaSherriTheNyanCatHardmuscle
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,685
    I'm on Tarlach, and people in-game are generally really nice in my experience. You do have a few annoying or immature players on occasion (or people who run up and windmill the foxes you've been herding to train Sakura Abyss while you are actively charging the skill and they can darn well see that that is your prey and you're getting ready to unleash your attack, but they think they have every right to steal the kill you've been waiting five torturous minutes to execute from you anyway...Don't kill-thieve on people training in the field, folks. That's rude. Especially when they're training a skill with a long-oars cooldown time and multi-hit training requirements...), but most people are pretty chill. And at the banquet Saturday nights, if you bring an instrument and just start up a Frestyle Jam (or someone else starts one), people will randomly join right on in and make it a rhythm game party (which is freaking awesome)!

The forums have more drama than the in-game community on my server. Here, you can see the rivalry between servers for new players, the discussions over what needs a buff or nerf, the complaints about the game's clunkier mechanics, and the outcries about glitches and event flaws. Honestly, though, I don't mind the level of drama on the forums. Things don't get as hot as some places I've been on the internet, and most of the back-and-forth around here seems generally good-natured.
    badnewsbarrettpawcalypseYokkaichiGretaSherriNaomii66SapphiraMuseShiftyHardmuscle
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Mabi community in my experience
    - Large number of gits
    - Elitist
    - Very few decent people
    Hardmuscle
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I'm on Tarlach, and people in-game are generally really nice in my experience. You do have a few annoying or immature players on occasion (or people who run up and windmill the foxes you've been herding to train Sakura Abyss while you are actively charging the skill and they can darn well see that that is your prey and you're getting ready to unleash your attack, but they think they have every right to steal the kill you've been waiting five torturous minutes to execute from you anyway...Don't kill-thieve on people training in the field, folks. That's rude. Especially when they're training a skill with a long-oars cooldown time and multi-hit training requirements...), but most people are pretty chill. And at the banquet Saturday nights, if you bring an instrument and just start up a Frestyle Jam (or someone else starts one), people will randomly join right on in and make it a rhythm game party (which is freaking awesome)!

The forums have more drama than the in-game community on my server. Here, you can see the rivalry between servers for new players, the discussions over what needs a buff or nerf, the complaints about the game's clunkier mechanics, and the outcries about glitches and event flaws. Honestly, though, I don't mind the level of drama on the forums. Things don't get as hot as some places I've been on the internet, and most of the back-and-forth around here seems generally good-natured.

I'm on Tarlach too and completely agree with this. In all honestly, people on the forums seem a lot more hostile than they actually are in game. Everyone I meet in game has always been nice to me. Of course, every server is going to have mean people, but at least in my experience I've never really ran into anyone who is.
    Hardmuscle
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    i hang out a lot in this forum and Facebook mabi group. Have to say it is much much more civilized here compare to fb. XD
    GretaHardmuscle
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,745
    edited August 22, 2017
    -removed-
    If you bothered reading these forums throughout the years, you can see how the attitude of players transform from happy to hate for this game.

Hardmuscle
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Alypse wrote: »
    I'm one of the people that see a lot of snobs, too :/ Especially when I'm selling something- the ones that ask for my c/o or a/w say things like "wow, don't expect to sell it at that price" or "Ok. wow. thanks." If you don't like the price just don't send a note at all... I don't think those comments are necessary tbh. Sorry, small rant...

Just ignore them and sell it for what you want. That's what I do. If I catered to every poor player out there I would also be poor.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,030
    Sure. Senpai will toss in his 2 cents.

5IyFuY.jpg

What caused it to be like that ?
    SjxwUi.png
    this-gif-4.gif

giphy.gif

CrimsọnpawcalypseKensamaofmariHardmuscle
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    edited August 7, 2017
    There's all different types, and they each have a varying degree of tolerance and respect for each other. I don't think it's too terribly difficult to find people with similar interests, but of course it's difficult to co-ordinate with real life, and if you form a small clique you might just end up excluding or alienating other people (even unintentionally) because they don't feel welcome/like they would be.

Overall, I enjoy interacting with most people, but the biggest problem seems to be if people view you as someone who can't pull their own weight in a mission, choose practicality over looks (rather than a combination of both), and/or have a vastly different view of the market and the items in it. I haven't personally ran into a whole lot of snobs about gear and skill, but I can understand people are more powerful due to monetary investments in the game, and haven't really had anyone look down on me for not doing the same.

What caused it to be like that ?
    I think on the side of lack of tolerance/trust for people, a big one is how almost all the tickets that receive big public discussion appear to be the ones where the reps don't seem to know/care about some feature of the game, which coupled with the lack of communication form devs (although I am enjoying the more thorough patch notes and maintenance logs), causes a lot of confusion on how things are supposed to 'work' in game, which in turn leads to a a big hell-storm if there's any discrepancy between what people expect and get.

Same with how a lot of the forum posts are either announcements or events, not so much on the side of open communication with us or on dealing with issues (other than make a ticket, don't witch hunt, etc.). It also doesn't help that the devs here don't really seem to have any power over gameplay. And of course another huge gripe is events and sales being edited so that there's either a paywall, or that we have to do more/pay more for less.

As far as elitism, I'd honestly say just gachas and reforges, as well as to a lesser extent no 'legitimate' way of turning in-game money for NX.

Do you want it to change?
    It'd be nice. Overall I'd like to see more people, and the current people to be more tolerant of each other (not that viewpoints have to align,
    but rather that people can respect someone else's opinion as valid without necessarily agreeing with it).

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,045
    edited August 8, 2017
    i hang out a lot in this forum and Facebook mabi group. Have to say it is much much more civilized here compare to fb. XD

Yeah, Liyeta is right. Some Facebook Mabinogi groups are soooo toxic, full of drama and hatred that Discord and these forums are way nicer place to be at. *Looks at certain Mabinogi group in FB...*

• ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    I think it depends where you look. Here on the forums are a mixed bag in my experience. Some good folks, others are snobby elitists.
    Facebook is the very definition of a cesspool because it is Facebook. No intelligent conversation occurs on that platform.
    The best community I've found is on Reddit. They are way more active than this forum, which is a bit sad since the subreddit isn't all that active in itself.

Why things are the way they are? Not sure since I started playing only this year.

Do I want it to change? Yeah, it would be nice to see the forums be lively as I think that would mean more people are playing the game. Mabi is the loneliest MMO I've ever played. And before people ask, I play it because I play with my sister.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,030
    edited August 8, 2017
    Mabi is the loneliest MMO I've ever played.

@ArchdukeValeCortez

If only U were there~
    4cL7Fw.png

...Good o'l times...

e4c6a202efb6bb4b48e1bff276abbb43.png

pawcalypseHardmuscle
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    edited August 8, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

Yeah, Liyeta is right. Some Facebook Mabinogi groups are soooo toxic, full of drama and hatred that Discord and these forums are way nicer place to be at. *Looks at certain Mabinogi group in FB...*
    I agree.
    Not the best place for greta to be sassy
    XD
    Rhey wrote: »
    Mabi is the loneliest MMO I've ever played.

@ArchdukeValeCortez

If only U were there~
    4cL7Fw.png

...Good o'l times...

e4c6a202efb6bb4b48e1bff276abbb43.png

Then nexon said
    Moar event!
    Moar gacha!
    No pets!
    No shoping bag!
    Moar p2w powah!
    -press $80 game breaking box at everyone cheek-
    And everyone run away. =w=)

Crimsọn
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    I wish there wasn't a new gacha every 2 weeks. I don't mind Nexon trying to make money but stretch it out a bit. Not a new shiny every paycheck. Also the gachas are lots of junk items. There are plenty of bugs to fix, they could use the resources they spend on gachas to fixing bugs or balancing or any number of things. I'm sure the gachas have driven plenty of people away.
    badnewsbarrettSherriTheNyanCat