Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Advancement Test Tips and Tricks

Comments

• EramystEramyst
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Any tips on Lightning Rod Dan 3?
  • EramystEramyst
    Eramyst wrote: »

I just risked it at around 9k points and ended up with 11385 so that means you'll need around 10k points to get the 12k mark from the bonus points... This skill seems to be all about the bonus points so i will try tomorrow to get 10k+ and see if i am right.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    edited October 4, 2017

If you can't get enough triple kill on the first waves to get 500 points bonus and cooldown reset, leave and restart. If you're at the boss with 3 minutes left and about 6k~6.5k points, you should be good! I got Dan 3 a few days ago.
    Eramyst
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    edited October 5, 2017

I just risked it at around 9k points and ended up with 11385 so that means you'll need around 10k points to get the 12k mark from the bonus points... This skill seems to be all about the bonus points so i will try tomorrow to get 10k+ and see if i am right.

Here are my tips for when I did Lightning Rod Dan 3. The first 3 waves are the same so just repeat these steps for the 3 waves. For the crystals they will cast the bolt element of the enemy they will summon. (e.g. 2nd wave crystal will spawn ice sprites if it cast ice bolt) so use these to avoid lightning element enemies. Ideally you want to hope for clusters of 4 enemies on the off chance one of them goes into deadly. If the groups are rather scattered, you may attempt to use ice bolt to lure a 3rd enemy into the linear path of 2 other enemies, remember a triple kill nets you 500 points(more if you count the points for the individual kills). if you have 1-3 mobs remaining from your murder spree, its better to just pick off enemies with cc4 firebolt while lightning rod is on cool down as the point to time ratio may not be worth it, especially since you will need plenty of time with the golem.

For the golem I used a full charge lightning rod first then a cc4 firebolt and firebolt spammed until it either died or lightning rod cool down. If you are lucky, a crit lightning rod will be enough to 1HKO the golem so you can immediately load up for another. You may get lucky with the firebolt and kill the golem on crit so you can skip the CD. Depending on how lucky you are, its possible to get to 12k points without the need for bonus. (This was the case for my first success dan 3). Best of luck on your dan.
    Eramyst
  • EramystEramyst
    Thanks for your tips i really appreciate it, i ended up going for the 10k bonus plan as i am running low on gold and i had like 10250 points and i ended up with 11850... That was very heart breaking as now i gotta wait an entire day to try again x.x So i am going to try again tomorrow as hard as i can to make the 12k mark before bonuses i gotta make moneys ASAP. I wish we could pay extra gold or something to try and get a better grade.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I found another tidbit about the Healing advancement test.

Every so often there'll be a mini-countdown during the fight, where it says your ally needs help.

If you heal the ally during the countdown, when it ends the ally will receive a damage boost.
    If you don't heal the ally during the countdown, when it ends the enemy will receive a damage boost.

As weird as it seems, you may want to let the mini-countdown run out without healing, so the enemy deals more damage and your ally doesn't get the boost.
    At least once, anyways.
    Not only will it help the fight last a bit longer allowing for more time for potential healing points (due to your ally not getting a boost), but the enemy's damage increasing will let you get more points due to being able to heal more.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    As weird as it seems, you may want to let the mini-countdown run out without healing, so the enemy deals more damage and your ally doesn't get the boost.
    At least once, anyways.
    Not only will it help the fight last a bit longer allowing for more time for potential healing points (due to your ally not getting a boost), but the enemy's damage increasing will let you get more points due to being able to heal more.

Definitely don't let it happen twice. The enemy animal will get strong enough to kill your dog/chicken in one combo from 100% if they get a critical, and if your ally animal dies you might as well restart.
  • EramystEramyst
    I just got Lightning Rod Dan 3 today! Thanks again guys for your tips, the positioning is super important in this Dan and due to my position lag that i get sometimes it made it pretty difficult but i ended up getting to the golem with over 8000 points and 3:11 left, so it worked out great! My tips would be to get as many 3 kills as possible and if you get more that's great. If there are only 2 or so of the mobs left and your Lightning Rod is on cool down, kill them off with lightning bolt or chain cast fire bolt if its available, don't waste time trying to lightning rod them. You will need a lot of time with the golem and a tip for the golem always aim for the golem's name when it first spawns. If you have position lag or placement lag like i do you can end up missing it when its lying down so that really helped me. Also as said before, full charge your Lightning Rod when you get to the boss and if it survives use chain cast fire bolt and if it doesn't die spam fire bolt until Lightning Rod's cool down is over. It helped me to keep killing the golem so that Lightning Rod's cool down reset.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Just wondering since I don't want to waste money and time in the future. You know how healing is a reliable test to test lag/connection/ping, and people who experiences lag heals much, much slower? It's pretty pathetic when I see how fast other players heal in game as opposed to mine. Is it possible to get dan ranks?
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @ShouK
    ShouK wrote: »
    Just wondering since I don't want to waste money and time in the future. You know how healing is a reliable test to test lag/connection/ping, and people who experiences lag heals much, much slower? It's pretty pathetic when I see how fast other players heal in game as opposed to mine. Is it possible to get dan ranks?
    Have you disabled Nagle's Algorithm? ~ http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/64048/#Comment_64048

Yes bruh I live in Asia.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @ShouK
    Have you disabled Nagle's Algorithm? ~ http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/64048/#Comment_64048

Yes bruh I live in Asia.

Dat ping. -pat pat-
  • Narutofire18Narutofire18
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,435
    My magic dan guide is essentially complete (just missing one video!). I've compiled a playlist for all of the magic dan tests, here:

The link to the guide document is in the playlist's description, and the description of every video in the playlist. Good luck everyone!
    AndrewGRlceCream
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Is dan defense also pure luck? :|
  • NomnomnomsNomnomnoms
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Gaea wrote: »

Unfortunately... yeah.
    Knowing enemy attack patterns is important, but it still comes down to luck most of the time- hope you don’t get hit with a crit, hope they use defense more often, etc. I would also use counter just as often, because defense cooldown doesn’t reset and you don’t want to take any damage at all.

What I remember doing was shredding through the first wave, because gargs and gremlins are aggressive little buggers. And they hurt.

The second wave is risky, too, because poisonous snakes, but they also are point city, because they only either normal attack or use defense. The dog dudes (I forget what they’re called lmao) are fickle, so I usually just try to eliminate them.

For the third wave, WM a large cluster, but target the melee sahagins. They’re more likely to use defense and normal attacks than the archers.

For Lycanthrope, same deal. Defend thr normal attacks, WM/Counter until it uses defense then smash. You get around ~4500 points for ~1500 HP, so I would say 8K points at the end is safe. A few times, I would finish with 7.5K points, but was a little below 1.5K HP, so I would end with 11.9K points or some other BS. XD

Anywho, good luck on the test! Hopefully the stars align for you, too, haha
    Imaizumi
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    My counter kills with one shot. :|
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    edited October 10, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »

Mostly yeah, since you have to rely on mobs using defense a lot for tons of points. Someone mentioned that you get around 5k points extra if you have a full HP, so you'd have to estimate getting around 7.5k-8k points (aim as high as you can get but that's the minimum)

Don't rush to the boss since I never got to the boss and managed to get dan 3. Gargoyles and gremlins always hit your defense at first aggro (99% of the time) and sometimes uses defense. Windmilling them helps with aggro control (and I recommend not danning WM first)

Poison snakes uses defense a lot, so I usually WM them first and pray I don't kill them (if you do kill them, it's probably better to reset. It's where I got massive points from). If the gnoll starts to aggro you, focus on the gnoll (the snakes usually take some bit to load defense anyway)

Sahagins are simple. Windmill a group and the melee fighter usually is the first one to aggro you.

Just remember there's always other skills to use like counterattack and WM if your defense isn't fully done with cooldown.
  • DevilHunterDevilHunter
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    edited May 17, 2019
    does anyone know a good way to get S rank in Dan 1-3 Charge for an elf?
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    does anyone know a good way to get S rank in Dan 1-3 Charge for an elf?

Have excellent internet speed, and pray that the RNG is on your side.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Holy mother of necro bump.
    GretaWolfsinger
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Holy mother of necro bump.

Necromancy at its finest.
This discussion has been closed.