Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Called it.

NilremNilrem
Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
edited December 5, 2017 in General Chat
A December release is something I've predicted for a while now, and it is honestly a really good time to release a new talent like that.

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00J8C

Better get your dex ready.

We are getting some dark magic this week.
KokoroVeylaine
  1. Are you ready for the new talent?58 votes
    1. Heck yes!
       60% (35 votes)
    2. I don't use dex...
       17% (10 votes)
    3. I'm a giant lol.
       16% (9 votes)
    4. THERES A NEW TALENT?!
       7% (4 votes)

Comments

• pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited December 5, 2017
    I still say it's too soon yet I am ready being an archer as my main; refine mastery; ramping up my puppetry skills, and anything DEX related in the past.

vella-chain.gif
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I thought chain was supposed to be luck based. Um...
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    I still say it's too soon yet I am ready being an archer as my main; refine mastery; ramping up my puppetry skills, and anything DEX related in the past.

vella-chain.gif

chain does pretty good damage with okay dex.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Gaea wrote: »

I also have a lot of LUCK enchanted items, if that would accumulate into anything good.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Gaea wrote: »

It's a dual stat weapon, like Guns, Shurikens, or Control Bars.

It uses Luck and Dex.
    pawcalypseNegumikoVeylaine
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    edited December 6, 2017
    I usually hunt for Joy, Fixed, Advantage, and Magical enchants which are rare but not uncommon; most of them are dropped by field bosses and common field monsters. If you happen to have had the Red Panda enchant from the very last Animal Dungeon event from years ago, save it even if it's expired. Of course there is the Thief enchant that tends to get overlooked and are fairly cheap.
    All of those I have a small gathering of and some I have successfully enchanted ranging near the highest stat to the maximum stat bonus.
    There are also other enchants that are higher in rank and are even rarer still. The Diligent enchant is so far the best in my collection although I still need to get other enchants before it since it is rank 5.
    So far my favorite title to equip is Wonderland which gives +30 LUCK along with the enchants, I can reach around ~100 to ~230 LUCK all in all, depending on the level also.
  • EnaEna
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    no element reforg? then it is sux
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    I usually hunt for Joy, Fixed, Advantage, and Magical enchants which are rare but not uncommon; most of them are dropped by field bosses and common field monsters. If you happen to have had the Red Panda enchant from the very last Animal Dungeon event from years ago, save it even if it's expired. Of course there is the Thief enchant that tends to get overlooked and are fairly cheap.
    All of those I have a small gathering of and some I have successfully enchanted ranging near the highest stat to the maximum stat bonus.
    There are also other enchants that are higher in rank and are even rarer still. The Diligent enchant is so far the best in my collection although I still need to get other enchants before it since it is rank 5.
    So far my favorite title to equip is Wonderland which gives +30 LUCK along with the enchants, I can reach around ~100 to ~230 LUCK all in all, depending on the level also.

Not to burst your bubble on the luck set up, but 200 luck gives you like... 55 extra max damage. While yes that is a pretty big amount a solo backbreaking set of gloves gives almost that by itself. I guess this also means solo enchant is BiS for chain because it gives 25 luck and 10 max.
    pawcalypse
  • NilremNilrem
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Not to burst your bubble on the luck set up, but 200 luck gives you like... 55 extra max damage. While yes that is a pretty big amount a solo backbreaking set of gloves gives almost that by itself. I guess this also means solo enchant is BiS for chain because it gives 25 luck and 10 max.

66 max damage actually. Damage rates from stats are 2.5 dex and 3 luck from what I know.
    Although, going for a luck or pure damage boost really depends on one's funding and overall desires.
    But as far as Chain Slash titles go, Sniper Title is one of the best ones. 50 Dex translates to 25 max attack.

The weapons also reach really high damage amounts despite being dual stat, with Celtic going above 100 max.
    Combine such with the rather high damage rates of the skills, and you have a heavy hitting talent.
    pawcalypse
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited December 6, 2017
    giphy.gif
    on a more serious note I barely made it as soon as I heard about the KR release I slowly started being conservative with my AP on my elf and I barely have over the amount needed to rank 1 every skill

Also I dont think giants will be too far off I heard that chain blade could get boosted by might of ladeca
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

66 max damage actually. Damage rates from stats are 2.5 dex and 3 luck from what I know.
    Although, going for a luck or pure damage boost really depends on one's funding and overall desires.
    But as far as Chain Slash titles go, Sniper Title is one of the best ones. 50 Dex translates to 25 max attack.

The weapons also reach really high damage amounts despite being dual stat, with Celtic going above 100 max.
    Combine such with the rather high damage rates of the skills, and you have a heavy hitting talent.

The data dump says 3/4 luck for one max, so I used 3.5 just for arguments sake. But sniper will be best in terms of damage for chains by a large margin.
    pawcalypse
  • EnaEna
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    i will go for luck enhance over max damage enhance. more luck u have the good thing will happen. only few ppl know what good for high luck
  • Eureka12Eureka12
    Mabinogi Rep: 955
    edited December 6, 2017
    Ena wrote: »

Except the fact elemental reforge sucks too. You better off go for chains set up reforges. Most of new content mobs (which is after G12 I believer) are immune to elementals. So there is no point going for that, lol.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I have no AP so.....
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited December 6, 2017
    Ena wrote: »

Im sure you were joking but just in case anyone thinks otherwise
    chain can be pretty strong on its own
    LeiliciacourtneyypawcalypseBehelitXxBearslayerxX
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    You don't even need the sniper title. It's easy enough to cap dex without that. Better spend it on max damage.
  • Eureka12Eureka12
    Mabinogi Rep: 955
    You kind of just go for same setup as for archering. As far as luck go, backbreaking and few other enchants with good max damage and luck got you cover.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    The one thing I forgot to do was gather the mats for it. How will everyone get one if they didn't get mats to craft one? Will there be an event that gives you one or?
  • NilremNilrem
    Leilicia wrote: »
    The one thing I forgot to do was gather the mats for it. How will everyone get one if they didn't get mats to craft one? Will there be an event that gives you one or?

You can buy a basic chain blade from smiths I think.

Heck, the 2nd best kind is actually surprisingly easy to make.
    Its the Celtic one that requires a ton of effort.

As for myself, I held on to both Nao Equip Boxes from potential so...
    I guess I'll see how that turns out after the update.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Aah that's good then. ( : i'll be able to use it /and/ gather mats to create the better one.