Check out the patch notes for the Dungeon Guide System update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/63107/dungeon-guide-system-patch-notes-november-12th-2020
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why is people afk in mabinogi ?

Comments

• Dai_Mata_ReiDai_Mata_Rei
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    idk about the other servers but i haven't really seen too many people afk'ing for that matter i haven't seen many people on at all. ruairi server is basically dead
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 15,210
    @Dai_Mata_Rei I see plenty of people on, but apparently some players have been having issues with Channel 1 lagging like Gaea mentioned. Then there's Housing having issues, so if things have been a bit dead, it might just be players waiting to pop back in after Maintenance tomorrow refreshes everything. It also depends on what time you're online; school's back in session for many players again. XD
    Carlize
  • PepperPepper
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    I go afk becasue everyone else is Afk I gave up trying to get people to do things cause there all afk
    Twln
  • ApplezApplez
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    I can feels you. It so dead and quiet, barely any new players to even recruit to join a guild, or/and when you find that one person who does talk you find him creepy and awkward. Also those people who are so powerful don't even group up since they can solo most of the contents.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,950
    To have a shop up pretty much.
    Or sometimes I just forget to close out mabi when I'm done with it.

You also have to realize people are just starting back to school after winter break, or going back to work. So it's gonna be kind of slow for a couple of weeks most likely.
  • TwlnTwln
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Harukari
    Harukari said:

To have a shop up pretty much.
    Or sometimes I just forget to close out mabi when I'm done with it.

You also have to realize people are just starting back to school after winter break, or going back to work. So it's gonna be kind of slow for a couple of weeks most likely.
    \\

That aplies to every game, but not ever game sinks this low in players
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,950
    @Tw1n Well yeah. If they'd stop milking players dry and fix the game up a bit maybe it'd have more players. Keyword being maybe.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,455
    edited January 12, 2017
    oi63.tinypic.com/1z143sn.jpg

I'm not.

I stopped liking what the game, and my old friends had to offer. Now I just draw things and animate all of the stuff I never got to see in this game. I don't think I'll ever reinstall this game ♥
    I don't need to
  • MeriMeri
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    A lot of times, I'm not afk. Rather, I'm chatting in PM or with guild; or maybe I'm involved in the wiki or looking at various stats or some other research. Not too long ago, I was standing around with four or five other people having a conversation in public. The conversation had lulled about 15 seconds before when suddenly, someone who had just logged in, made a snide comment about our quality game play. They weren't around to see the conversation that had been going on for well over an hour; they just assumed we weren't doing anything because they didn't see us doing anything in their own reality.

I do stuff every day on mabi; but right now, I don't have any particular goals.

There's no way to make us all happy; people will complain no matter what. But in the end, it's your fantasy life - play it how you want.
    Greta
  • IcedrakeIcedrake
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,170
    edited January 12, 2017
    Liyeta
    Liyeta said:

Kind of obvious but maybe someone have interesting point of view on this. Maybe even a creative solution to make people more active.

Beside i have not seen community content like maid cafe, festivals, concert, scheduled raid, roleplay, or other in game community gathering in months.

I remember there used to be a lot of this
    Cause nexon be all about those afk events. Just when I think I can just log onto mabi, do what I came for, and go..... AFK event. Its like they're trying to get people to just have mabi muted in the background like some phone game or something.
  • TwlnTwln
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    edited January 12, 2017
    Meri
    Meri said:

A lot of times, I'm not afk. Rather, I'm chatting in PM or with guild; or maybe I'm involved in the wiki or looking at various stats or some other research. Not too long ago, I was standing around with four or five other people having a conversation in public. The conversation had lulled about 15 seconds before when suddenly, someone who had just logged in, made a snide comment about our quality game play. They weren't around to see the conversation that had been going on for well over an hour; they just assumed we weren't doing anything because they didn't see us doing anything in their own reality.

I do stuff every day on mabi; but right now, I don't have any particular goals.

There's no way to make us all happy; people will complain no matter what. But in the end, it's your fantasy life - play it how you want.
    they can't make everyone happy, but the goal should be to at least make the marjoirty happy, not the minority lol

more people are reaching the end game, where there is no reply cnotent worthy of sticking around for. the game b ecomes a chat simulator and thats it. the fantasty life is ending because most content is old / borning revamps
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
    1. I gacha often enough that I try to have a shop running whenever I am online. The game still lags even with top of the line computers when you're on the current market channel, so doing anything with a shop up, especially if you need to CC to reset events or quests is annoying and I just don't bother.
    2. I have mastered almost every skill I care about with the exception of a few very grindy skills that I don't care to work on while I am not getting 2x training for them.
    3. There are no interesting events going on, OR the current event does not require active participation.
    4. I like to multitask, so I play additional games or watch anime, listen to music, browse the internet, etc.
    5. There really is not much to do in this game when you are such a high level or have so much gold you can just buy anything you need. All my crafting skills are r1 and I cna just buy any materials I need.
    6. I hate spamming dungeons, especially after the dungeon renewal. I'm over 7k total and not being able to 1-shot spiders EVERY time (even with weak guns) is actually kind of frustrating. I have little reason to do dungeons in the first place so I have even less reason to care.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,225
    Now people will be afk even more thanks to Phoenix Egg Hatching Event. Wooo...
  • FirebitsFirebits
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    Have to be logged in to have a shop open, but being online gives other benefits too. You gain guild points from time online. Royal alchemists also gain points from my understanding. It's nice to come back after feeding the horses or various household duties to look through shop ads. Sometimes I leave Mabi playing just for the background music while I'm cleaning or dusting. Nice not to have to log in every time.
  • Dai_Mata_ReiDai_Mata_Rei
    i tend to be on mid day to sometime at night or rather in between the two.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,580
    I used to host a concert every saturday on Alexina but usually no body comes anymore. Unless i use like 5 bugles (because they never work properly).
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    I used to be more active, but now with the outlandishly difficult end-game updates, I really do not like the game anymore. Alban Knights Training Grounds are filled with instant-aggro crap that two shots everyone with 1k damage a hit. More and more "trash mobs" have Advanced Heavy Stander and also two hits everyone. Raid battles are laggy and clearly shows how the game's engine cannot handle that many things in a small area.
    This game has been going downhill and is going beyond rock bottom.
  • SphereSphere
    These days I have been playing another game that has Dinosaurs and base building. Mabinogi just feels stale to me. I could get into playing mabi again, but the other game is more interesting. I still log in by the way.