Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can we not immediately scream for nerfs?

Comments

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Lmao I'm only level 960 and just used mana shield to negate all damage while spamming firebolt.
    Fight was over in 5 mins. Also just walk away every time she dives and you wont take any damage...
    Gaby5011
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Lmao I'm only level 960 and just used mana shield to negate all damage while spamming firebolt.
    Fight was over in 5 mins. Also just walk away every time she dives and you wont take any damage...

OH. MY. GOD. I completely forgot about Mana Shield >A<.

Tagar wasn't that hard for me once I figured out her mechanics though. I thought it was really fun she was essentially a female Grim Reaper. =D
  • animegeekanimegeek
    Mabinogi Rep: 450
    The Dopple in face to face needs a nerf, I can not do more than 6% hp in damage to it in 30 minutes of fighting. This shouldn't be a need to be 30k total level type of fight.
  • NinzerkerNinzerker
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Doesn't have manashield though?

900 damage is -900 MP as well

I did this with base elf move speed and got hit like maybe 10% of the time.

Congratz on letting a pet take all the hits for you, cause if she's targeting you, she gonna hit you 3 out of 4 times at base speed

Brionac is a thing either, and someone posted a video how to cheese it anyway

And theres also people saying Brionac doesn't do anything in this very thread, just like it hasn't in all the previous Alban knight generations quests

It does warrant a get gud because the first boss you can dodge all of its damage with anchor

Try anchor rush without a mouse, on a touchpad that shuts off for .25 seconds until after a key is released
    Doubt you'd be so quick to advise it

Also Inb4 Hydra cheese vid or the most common method of dealing with poorly made bosses Life Drain spam
    FOXAssassin
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited July 12, 2018
    To be fair with Mana Shield, if you have a hoard of mana potions like I do as opposed to HP potions, this is good advice.

Also wear armor. Wear any defense/prot accessories you can. Eat catering dishes.

@Ninzerker What are you in-game and what are you using for attacks?

@animegeek Same question from above but at you.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    The Face-to-Face mission is the mock copy of the G10 Finale, right? (Mainly, the second part that got removed when they apparently couldn't fix it)
    FOXAssassin
  • LeineiLeinei
    I don't remember what that was like. Basically, you got a ring of pillars with shadows that spawn clones for the dopple, but they strike me more of a distraction. If you isolate the dopple, you can get them with so much interference from their buddies.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    To be fair, I honestly think storyline bosses should be somewhat easy or forgiving, as storylines are what I consider content that should be open to a variety of skill levels if not stats.
    JazmynAeolys
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited July 12, 2018
    Yeah, this one was really harsh.

Nexon Battle Programmer 1: And you get to die! And you get to die! Everyone gets to die! (\(^_^)/)
    NBP2: You think we should give them Nao or Guardian Stones for story progression?
    NBP1: Naaaaaah! =D

Sorry. My power is still out and I'm a little bored... Two hours and counting! XD
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    edited July 12, 2018
    Ninzerker wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Doesn't have manashield though?

900 damage is -900 MP as well

I did this with base elf move speed and got hit like maybe 10% of the time.

Congratz on letting a pet take all the hits for you, cause if she's targeting you, she gonna hit you 3 out of 4 times at base speed

Brionac is a thing either, and someone posted a video how to cheese it anyway

And theres also people saying Brionac doesn't do anything in this very thread, just like it hasn't in all the previous Alban knight generations quests

It does warrant a get gud because the first boss you can dodge all of its damage with anchor

Try anchor rush without a mouse, on a touchpad that shuts off for .25 seconds until after a key is released
    Doubt you'd be so quick to advise it

Also Inb4 Hydra cheese vid or the most common method of dealing with poorly made bosses Life Drain spam

I was wearing no armour as a level 960 using manashield only took like 200 damage max to MP
    It is not 100% damage recieved like you are stating.

For the pet thing.
    Why didnt you use divine link???

I had no problems with the fight at all just like the rest of this chapter.
    Its so easy to exploit especially if you are an elf.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited July 12, 2018
    ....The Doppelganger barely regenerated his HP at all when I fought him.
    Then again, my max wound rate is 100% (and when transed into Paladin, my min wound rate is also 100%, meaning all my attacks deal wound damage)
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    Opalthira wrote: »

I was wearing no armour as a level 960 using manashield only took like 200 damage max to MP
    It is not 100% damage recieved like you are stating.

For the pet thing.
    Why didnt you use divine link???

I had no problems with the fight at all just like the rest of this chapter.
    Its so easy to exploit especially if you are an elf.

Pretty much what I did, since im an elf I don't care about str and pot poisoned my self with mp to fight tagar.
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    edited July 12, 2018
    I've had constant thoughts of various boss fights in this chapter, not just one generation. Like the end of G20, have to fight off the 3 prophets, black wizard, and 3 Zebachs all zoning in on you at the same time, leaving you an NPC to heal you upon clicking, if you even can with one of the Zebachs camping the NPC. It was nearly impossible for me to get one prophet to target me alone without any others going "ooh something to smash!"

And then there was that final boss fight in g21 part 1... you NEEDED a fast-mount pet to avoid it's double dash. I also had to heavily rely on Paladin in order to stand a chance with its double-dash attacks.

I've lost count of how many Nao Stones I used in all three generations combined; has to be over 40 by now...

Someone early in the thread brought up Dark Souls, not even Dark Souls would be this inhumane with their bosses! There's frustrating but able to learn, and then there's frustrating and struggling to understand what you're doing wrong... And when a boss is able to take out so much HP in one hit with little chance to evade unless you have a fast mount, something isn't right...

Since there's no event asking you to complete G21 part 2, I'm going to put this on the back burner... part 1 nearly made me go insane and cause irreparable damage to my laptop with Hasidim alone (had to do intense grinding to stand a chance); other boss fights, mainly apostles and prophets, to a lesser extent but still had to use way too much full recovery potions and nao stones to my liking.

I like difficulty, I don't want an easy win, but does it have to tuned up to 11?!
  • LeineiLeinei
    If you might be sitting on Saga Viewing coupons, you can restock with Lorna in Dunby by Glenis or in Tir by the square.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    LongSly wrote: »
    I've had constant thoughts of various boss fights in this chapter, not just one generation. Like the end of G20, have to fight off the 3 prophets, black wizard, and 3 Zebachs all zoning in on you at the same time, leaving you an NPC to heal you upon clicking, if you even can with one of the Zebachs camping the NPC. It was nearly impossible for me to get one prophet to target me alone without any others going "ooh something to smash!"

And then there was that final boss fight in g21 part 1... you NEEDED a fast-mount pet to avoid it's double dash. I also had to heavily rely on Paladin in order to stand a chance with its double-dash attacks.

I've lost count of how many Nao Stones I used in all three generations combined; has to be over 40 by now...

Someone early in the thread brought up Dark Souls, not even Dark Souls would be this inhumane with their bosses! There's frustrating but able to learn, and then there's frustrating and struggling to understand what you're doing wrong... And when a boss is able to take out so much HP in one hit with little chance to evade unless you have a fast mount, something isn't right...

Since there's no event asking you to complete G21 part 2, I'm going to put this on the back burner... part 1 nearly made me go insane and cause irreparable damage to my laptop with Hasidim alone (had to do intense grinding to stand a chance); other boss fights, mainly apostles and prophets, to a lesser extent but still had to use way too much full recovery potions and nao stones to my liking.

I like difficulty, I don't want an easy win, but does it have to tuned up to 11?!

Try investing in skills like divine link and mana shield to make you last longer and give you an edge.
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    It's not difficult it's just badly designed.
    Requiring positioning on a teleporting ranged boss for a small circle isn't very good considering you get to tank damage for half your health every time you miss for Tagar.
    Wounding dopple wasn't an issue also you can lure it away from clones so even they aren't an issue either.
    Talvish is really stupid considering he can cancel crusader skills AND then kill you with judgement blade which requires you to shield yourself. Nao stones really shouldn't be the answer to this.
    ImaizumiShaeliFOXAssassin
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    I think there's a way to dodge the crusader skill cancel, but it's really... subtle for something that leads to something so important. It's not easy to identify what skill he uses for it because there isn't much animation tacked onto it, and then afaik you can only dodge it once you've reached the trans phase using either the teleport or the aoe skill.

Btw all a hypothesis from me but I remember one of the pop up white texts saying you should use a (implied trans) skill to not get ur crusader skills blocked.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    *Arguably easy Generation comes out* "UGGGGH I wish devCAT would give us any sort of CHALLENGE"
    *Arguably hard Generation comes out* "UGGGGH I wish devCAT would stop making things soo hard"
    Cool to know that's still an issue with the community here.

Use some actual damage mitigation strategies if you're getting one shot: defense with a shield does absolute wonders with most of the attacks. Switch to Neanheim demi-god for that extra damage buffer if you have to.
    Watch and learn visual cues of the bosses, because they sure as heck have some really long animations that let you move out of their attack range. If you're noticing you're still getting hit by an AoE, trying walking behind the monster instead of away from it: a few of their attacks are front facing only.
    And actually read the white text pop ups that give hints to you on how to beat stuff instead of trying to face roll this content.
    HellkaizerNeroyMizukiHayamaSirRyuShakaya
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    Buffalos wrote: »
    *Arguably easy Generation comes out* "UGGGGH I wish devCAT would give us any sort of CHALLENGE"
    *Arguably hard Generation comes out* "UGGGGH I wish devCAT would stop making things soo hard"
    Cool to know that's still an issue with the community here.

Use some actual damage mitigation strategies if you're getting one shot: defense with a shield does absolute wonders with most of the attacks. Switch to Neanheim demi-god for that extra damage buffer if you have to.
    Watch and learn visual cues of the bosses, because they sure as heck have some really long animations that let you move out of their attack range. If you're noticing you're still getting hit by an AoE, trying walking behind the monster instead of away from it: a few of their attacks are front facing only.
    And actually read the white text pop ups that give hints to you on how to beat stuff instead of trying to face roll this content.

Use shield of trust! .... except wait a second or two because if you use it when it says you will die. Even then sometimes the AI doesn't work properly and won't follow through with the skill . I mean i finished it all with no worries since i have a stupid amount of nao stones but that doesn't mean it was fun at all to deal with.
    ImaizumiFOXAssassinEdetha
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    dowie wrote: »
    Use shield of trust! .... except wait a second or two because if you use it when it says you will die. Even then sometimes the AI doesn't work properly and won't follow through with the skill . I mean i finished it all with no worries since i have a stupid amount of nao stones but that doesn't mean it was fun at all to deal with.

You can adjust to the timing for the shield of trust but yes it's total bull the way it's set up. I wouldn't complain if it didn't one hit KO but it doesn't even send us into heavy deadly. Just straight up kills us. Which gets infuriating when you have to start over on what's already a tedious boss fight or shell out to big daddy Nexon's shop.