Check out the patch notes for the April 15 Update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/66413/patch-notes-april-15th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Get this lootbox out of my game, Senator Hawley?

Comments

  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,780
    Posts: 324
    Member
    People have time to complain and call for regulation of the gaming industry, but allows Big Pharma and Insurance to do as they please. Corrupt politicians.

    that's the results of playing tug of war and over regulating, one side wants free healthcare for all with the use of the government, the other prefers privatized healthcare as it is believed that the quality of the healthcare could be better that way, which brings us to this mess we have. This is why they're now trying to allow bringing in imported medicine since they're many times cheaper.

    Eitherway people have been complaining about the health system for years now, it's not like they're acting like it's not a problem.
    Darkpixie99Veylaine
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,550
    Posts: 1,703
    Member
    Consumers blaming a business for ripping them off when they themselves are not able to make intelligent marketplace choices is kinda lame.
    Julie wrote: »
    The triple A industry has been mostly taking advantage of addictive features that can give them money quick while consistently delivering bad products at $60 + dlc and everything else you can stack on it. People may be in the wrong for wanting government regulation for loot boxes, but the industry has it coming for what it has done, the ESRB has also been paid off by them and refuses to do it's job right as well. People used to defend these companies from bad press and government regulations, now they wont and basically insist the government to regulate them.

    What can I say? in a way the industry has backstabbed those it served, they dont have their defenses like they used to because of that.

    Essentially what Julie says, business cheaters never win.
    Nexon was likely prepped to release Peria Chronicles as it was at alpha upon Stadia's release, but they nuked the whole project because consumers didn't like the gameplay.
    The lack of popularity in Google Stadia also likely added to the final decision.
    While it sucks for the nearly 100 unemployed employees in KR, and was a waste of over $8mil, they took a step ahead of recent consumerism patterns in the videogame industry.
    It's actually pretty genius to quit while you're at a failure horizon, unlike a certain Kinder Egg enthusiast company who tries to bank on that failure.

  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,415
    Posts: 7,857
    Member
    Consumers blaming a business for ripping them off when they themselves are not able to make intelligent marketplace choices is kinda lame.
    Julie wrote: »
    The triple A industry has been mostly taking advantage of addictive features that can give them money quick while consistently delivering bad products at $60 + dlc and everything else you can stack on it. People may be in the wrong for wanting government regulation for loot boxes, but the industry has it coming for what it has done, the ESRB has also been paid off by them and refuses to do it's job right as well. People used to defend these companies from bad press and government regulations, now they wont and basically insist the government to regulate them.

    What can I say? in a way the industry has backstabbed those it served, they dont have their defenses like they used to because of that.

    Essentially what Julie says, business cheaters never win.
    Nexon was likely prepped to release Peria Chronicles as it was at alpha upon Stadia's release, but they nuked the whole project because consumers didn't like the gameplay.
    The lack of popularity in Google Stadia also likely added to the final decision.
    While it sucks for the nearly 100 unemployed employees in KR, and was a waste of over $8mil, they took a step ahead of recent consumerism patterns in the videogame industry.
    It's actually pretty genius to quit while you're at a failure horizon, unlike a certain Kinder Egg enthusiast company who tries to bank on that failure.

    So you're saying big pharma and insurance who cheat and are in league with politicians aren't cheating?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,550
    Posts: 1,703
    Member
    edited October 16, 2019
    So you're saying big pharma and insurance who cheat and are in league with politicians aren't cheating?

    Kensa, this is a thread about loot box legislation due to gambling addiction in minors and at risk adults.
    Abusing a game design flaw wherein microtransactions flash before your eyes to create that gambling temptation is more than cheating, it's morally wrong.
    Pharmacies should know better about price inflation and whatnot, if they actually cared about the health and well being of their consumers, but that's not on topic.
    Wolfsinger
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,415
    Posts: 7,857
    Member
    So you're saying big pharma and insurance who cheat and are in league with politicians aren't cheating?

    Kensa, this is a thread about loot box legislation due to gambling addiction in minors and at risk adults.
    Abusing a game design flaw wherein microtransactions flash before your eyes to create that gambling temptation is more than cheating, it's morally wrong.
    Pharmacies should know better about price inflation and whatnot, if they actually cared about the health and well being of their consumers, but that's not on topic.

    It is on topic that people are hypocritical that one industry should be punished for its moral behavior while another industry doing worse things to the public should not be subject to punishment?
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,550
    Posts: 1,703
    Member
    edited October 16, 2019
    It is on topic that people are hypocritical that one industry should be punished for its moral behavior while another industry doing worse things to the public should not be subject to punishment?

    Pharmaceuticals has physical supply and demand as their excuse, the video game industry has a virtual infinite code of digital supply but no legitimate excuse for their behavior.
    I believe if you take the inflation of Apple's phones for example, there's one material that only has two factories in the entire world. (It's expensive too.)

  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,415
    Posts: 7,857
    Member
    It is on topic that people are hypocritical that one industry should be punished for its moral behavior while another industry doing worse things to the public should not be subject to punishment?

    Pharmaceuticals has physical supply and demand as their excuse, the video game industry has a virtual infinite code of digital supply but no legitimate excuse for their behavior.
    I believe if you take the inflation of Apple's phones for example, there's one material that only has two factories in the entire world. (It's expensive too.)

    Insurance does not have a physical supply and demand or their products and what they do to consumers is worse than what the digital industry does.

    What I'm saying is that regulations of certain industries based off morality is wrong, because double standards occur and corruption'lobbying enables these double standards.

    And definitely, these politicians have the real priorities mixed up while prioritizing the money that goes into their pockets.
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,550
    Posts: 1,703
    Member
    edited October 16, 2019
    Insurance does not have a physical supply and demand or their products and what they do to consumers is worse than what the digital industry does.
    What I'm saying is that regulations of certain industries based off morality is wrong, because double standards occur and corruption'lobbying enables these double standards.
    And definitely, these politicians have the real priorities mixed up while prioritizing the money that goes into their pockets.

    It's actually funny how much impact the press has, because for the moment, all the press about loot boxes is what's drawing into more support for loot box legislation.
    (It's even been said/hinted in the FTC transcripts by Consumer Reports that the ESRB/PEGI is either lying or not helping consumers enough.)
    Last I checked for an ESRB rating for Mabinogi, there were two ratings: E+ and Teen.
    That's not very helpful or informative with two different reports.
    So yeah, at least those lobbyists can waste money being caught lying in testimony, because the faster you know the laws of gambling, the faster this legislation will go.
    Pharmacies and Insurance on the other hand, continue to be that blot of "everyone knows already," to the "it won't drive up views" part of journalism.
    Meanwhile, legislatures have to go through several sources when it comes to medication costs, rather than the videogame industry's single perquisite of Casino regulations.
    When they say legislation is a process of red tape, they weren't kidding.

  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,415
    Posts: 7,857
    Member
    edited October 16, 2019
    Insurance does not have a physical supply and demand or their products and what they do to consumers is worse than what the digital industry does.
    What I'm saying is that regulations of certain industries based off morality is wrong, because double standards occur and corruption'lobbying enables these double standards.
    And definitely, these politicians have the real priorities mixed up while prioritizing the money that goes into their pockets.

    It's actually funny how much impact the press has, because for the moment, all the press about loot boxes is what's drawing into more support for loot box legislation.
    (It's even been said/hinted in the FTC transcripts by Consumer Reports that the ESRB/PEGI is either lying or not helping consumers enough.)
    Last I checked for an ESRB rating for Mabinogi, there were two ratings: E+ and Teen.
    That's not very helpful or informative with two different reports.
    So yeah, at least those lobbyists can waste money being caught lying in testimony, because the faster you know the laws of gambling, the faster this legislation will go.
    Pharmacies and Insurance on the other hand, continue to be that blot of "everyone knows already," to the "it won't drive up views" part of journalism.
    Meanwhile, legislatures have to go through several sources when it comes to medication costs, rather than the videogame industry's single perquisite of Casino regulations.
    When they say legislation is a process of red tape, they weren't kidding.

    Businesses and their lobbyists + media + government = big scam.
    They work together to turn a blind eye on what the real issues are.
    Darkpixie99
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,780
    Posts: 324
    Member
    It is on topic that people are hypocritical that one industry should be punished for its moral behavior while another industry doing worse things to the public should not be subject to punishment?

    Pharmaceuticals has physical supply and demand as their excuse, the video game industry has a virtual infinite code of digital supply but no legitimate excuse for their behavior.
    I believe if you take the inflation of Apple's phones for example, there's one material that only has two factories in the entire world. (It's expensive too.)

    Insurance does not have a physical supply and demand or their products and what they do to consumers is worse than what the digital industry does.

    What I'm saying is that regulations of certain industries based off morality is wrong, because double standards occur and corruption'lobbying enables these double standards.

    And definitely, these politicians have the real priorities mixed up while prioritizing the money that goes into their pockets.

    it's much easier to regulate an industry that has very little regulation vs one that has tons of regulations already in place and probably would do better with some de-regulation.

    in the case with Triple A companies, loot boxes in games can still exist, you just can't tell kids to buy them, similar how cigarettes, alcohol, tobacco, nicotine, pronography, etc do it.

    I personally don't see what the big deal is with that regulation alone, but i do see how it can open up Pandora's box.
    Darkpixie99Kensamaofmari
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,550
    Posts: 1,703
    Member
    edited October 16, 2019
    Julie wrote: »
    it's much easier to regulate an industry that has very little regulation vs one that has tons of regulations already in place and probably would do better with some de-regulation.
    in the case with Triple A companies, loot boxes in games can still exist, you just can't tell kids to buy them, similar how cigarettes, alcohol, tobacco, nicotine, pronography, etc do it.
    I personally don't see what the big deal is with that regulation alone, but i do see how it can open up Pandora's box.

    The problem with loot boxes? Ask Belgium. While you're at it, ask why Nexon is losing profit in Belgium due to a banned item which contained, guess what... Gambling. (Gachapons/Style Crates, ect.) But yes, there's a massive difference between both industries.
    Insurance/Pharmacies have multiple regulations to prevent substance abuse, while the video game industry has few to zero gambling addiction prevention measures.
    And Kensa... there's a reason why no civilian ever listens to liar lobbyists.
    (Just listen to the FTC transcripts on the loot box workshop, you'll see just how lax, uninformative, and uncontrolling the ESRB/PEGI is.)
    Links on Page 4
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,415
    Posts: 7,857
    Member
    Julie wrote: »
    it's much easier to regulate an industry that has very little regulation vs one that has tons of regulations already in place and probably would do better with some de-regulation.
    in the case with Triple A companies, loot boxes in games can still exist, you just can't tell kids to buy them, similar how cigarettes, alcohol, tobacco, nicotine, pronography, etc do it.
    I personally don't see what the big deal is with that regulation alone, but i do see how it can open up Pandora's box.

    The problem with loot boxes? Ask Belgium. While you're at it, ask why Nexon is losing profit in Belgium due to a banned item which contained, guess what... Gambling. (Gachapons/Style Crates, ect.) But yes, there's a massive difference between both industries.
    Insurance/Pharmacies have multiple regulations to prevent substance abuse, while the video game industry has few to zero gambling addiction prevention measures.
    And Kensa... there's a reason why no civilian ever listens to liar lobbyists.
    (Just listen to the FTC transcripts on the loot box workshop, you'll see just how lax, uninformative, and uncontrolling the ESRB/PEGI is.)
    Links on Page 4

    You'll be surprised that people are easily influenced by lobbyists, especially when they spam political ads.
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,550
    Posts: 1,703
    Member
    edited October 21, 2019
    Huh. Well, guess Fortnite's model is more lucrative to convince marketing teams to jump off that cliff.


    Huh.... I guess there's room for MORE legislation in this bill. Don't you love companies with low IQ?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,550
    Posts: 1,703
    Member
    edited October 23, 2019
    BREAKING NEWS in the UK:


    More cheeky Jim Sterling coverage:


    Yon Yea Recap
  • AquaEyesAquaEyes
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    Posts: 15
    Member
    Honestly, Sen. Josh Hawley doesn't have my support on a lot of other measures he wants to put into place, but his work in big tech (with regulating gambling/loot boxes, working to break up monopolies like Facebook and Google, advocating for stricter data privacy, working to lessen the bias that social media workers have towards conservativism and trying to fight against subsequent censorship [i.e. Facebook had censored a conservative pro-life organization after it's "independent fact checkers" provided the group with a false rating; something that led to the subsequent censorship and removal of the organization. The independent fact checkers were, in fact, abortion rights activists-- so they were unbiased in their "fact checking" ]--and therefore, advocating on behalf of free speech) is pretty great.

    NGL, I'm so glad that he's been able to get the ball rolling to get lootboxes out of games. A majority of Americans use unhealthy ways of coping with their thoughts and emotions; whether its through food or shopping or whatever, addiction is just a reinforced coping skill. And now that shopping can be done with one click through a phone, the number of addicted shoppers has ramped up. I'm sure we all know someone who has an Amazon Prime account and mindlessly one-click buys things. And while loot boxes aren't the exact same as that, they are incredibly similar. We spend money on gacha/loot to maybe get something cool... and then if we don't get it, we feel bad and spend a bit more to try again.

    It's funny to joke about 'whales' who spend hundreds of dollars per gacha release, but its increasingly common as gaming presents itself to a younger generation. We don't joke laugh when we see someone blow huge amounts of money at the casino then come back the next week to do it again. So, why should we when we see people do the same on their phones/games/computers? Why haven't we set up ways for these people to seek help--we already have for irl gambling, so why not for virtual gambling?
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,550
    Posts: 1,703
    Member
    AquaEyes wrote: »
    Honestly, Sen. Josh Hawley doesn't have my support on a lot of other measures he wants to put into place, but his work in big tech (with regulating gambling/loot boxes, working to break up monopolies like Facebook and Google, advocating for stricter data privacy, working to lessen the bias that social media workers have towards conservativism and trying to fight against subsequent censorship [i.e. Facebook had censored a conservative pro-life organization after it's "independent fact checkers" provided the group with a false rating; something that led to the subsequent censorship and removal of the organization. The independent fact checkers were, in fact, abortion rights activists-- so they were unbiased in their "fact checking" ]--and therefore, advocating on behalf of free speech) is pretty great.

    NGL, I'm so glad that he's been able to get the ball rolling to get lootboxes out of games. A majority of Americans use unhealthy ways of coping with their thoughts and emotions; whether its through food or shopping or whatever, addiction is just a reinforced coping skill. And now that shopping can be done with one click through a phone, the number of addicted shoppers has ramped up. I'm sure we all know someone who has an Amazon Prime account and mindlessly one-click buys things. And while loot boxes aren't the exact same as that, they are incredibly similar. We spend money on gacha/loot to maybe get something cool... and then if we don't get it, we feel bad and spend a bit more to try again.

    It's funny to joke about 'whales' who spend hundreds of dollars per gacha release, but its increasingly common as gaming presents itself to a younger generation. We don't joke laugh when we see someone blow huge amounts of money at the casino then come back the next week to do it again. So, why should we when we see people do the same on their phones/games/computers? Why haven't we set up ways for these people to seek help--we already have for irl gambling, so why not for virtual gambling?

    Agreed with the need for government to step up when companies get out of hand like this.
    The mere fact that a company is utilizing AI to track spending/potential habits to further target users, is absolutely going to come back and bite the Loot Box industry in the tush. There is no argument you can make to save yourself when someone like that is by your side.
    (Unless Nexon KR makes a public vow to contribute their own AI technology to innovate a more consumer friendly spending model across their sites.)
    It's only a matter of time before the UK makes a move, and I certainly hope Nexon KR is both aware and ready to change for the better.

  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,415
    Posts: 7,857
    Member
    AquaEyes wrote: »
    Honestly, Sen. Josh Hawley doesn't have my support on a lot of other measures he wants to put into place, but his work in big tech (with regulating gambling/loot boxes, working to break up monopolies like Facebook and Google, advocating for stricter data privacy, working to lessen the bias that social media workers have towards conservativism and trying to fight against subsequent censorship [i.e. Facebook had censored a conservative pro-life organization after it's "independent fact checkers" provided the group with a false rating; something that led to the subsequent censorship and removal of the organization. The independent fact checkers were, in fact, abortion rights activists-- so they were unbiased in their "fact checking" ]--and therefore, advocating on behalf of free speech) is pretty great.

    NGL, I'm so glad that he's been able to get the ball rolling to get lootboxes out of games. A majority of Americans use unhealthy ways of coping with their thoughts and emotions; whether its through food or shopping or whatever, addiction is just a reinforced coping skill. And now that shopping can be done with one click through a phone, the number of addicted shoppers has ramped up. I'm sure we all know someone who has an Amazon Prime account and mindlessly one-click buys things. And while loot boxes aren't the exact same as that, they are incredibly similar. We spend money on gacha/loot to maybe get something cool... and then if we don't get it, we feel bad and spend a bit more to try again.

    It's funny to joke about 'whales' who spend hundreds of dollars per gacha release, but its increasingly common as gaming presents itself to a younger generation. We don't joke laugh when we see someone blow huge amounts of money at the casino then come back the next week to do it again. So, why should we when we see people do the same on their phones/games/computers? Why haven't we set up ways for these people to seek help--we already have for irl gambling, so why not for virtual gambling?

    Agreed with the need for government to step up when companies get out of hand like this.
    The mere fact that a company is utilizing AI to track spending/potential habits to further target users, is absolutely going to come back and bite the Loot Box industry in the tush. There is no argument you can make to save yourself when someone like that is by your side.
    (Unless Nexon KR makes a public vow to contribute their own AI technology to innovate a more consumer friendly spending model across their sites.)
    It's only a matter of time before the UK makes a move, and I certainly hope Nexon KR is both aware and ready to change for the better.

    A matter of time before the entire gaming industry heads towards collapse.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,550
    Posts: 1,703
    Member
    edited October 24, 2019
    AquaEyes wrote: »
    Honestly, Sen. Josh Hawley doesn't have my support on a lot of other measures he wants to put into place, but his work in big tech (with regulating gambling/loot boxes, working to break up monopolies like Facebook and Google, advocating for stricter data privacy, working to lessen the bias that social media workers have towards conservativism and trying to fight against subsequent censorship [i.e. Facebook had censored a conservative pro-life organization after it's "independent fact checkers" provided the group with a false rating; something that led to the subsequent censorship and removal of the organization. The independent fact checkers were, in fact, abortion rights activists-- so they were unbiased in their "fact checking" ]--and therefore, advocating on behalf of free speech) is pretty great.

    NGL, I'm so glad that he's been able to get the ball rolling to get lootboxes out of games. A majority of Americans use unhealthy ways of coping with their thoughts and emotions; whether its through food or shopping or whatever, addiction is just a reinforced coping skill. And now that shopping can be done with one click through a phone, the number of addicted shoppers has ramped up. I'm sure we all know someone who has an Amazon Prime account and mindlessly one-click buys things. And while loot boxes aren't the exact same as that, they are incredibly similar. We spend money on gacha/loot to maybe get something cool... and then if we don't get it, we feel bad and spend a bit more to try again.

    It's funny to joke about 'whales' who spend hundreds of dollars per gacha release, but its increasingly common as gaming presents itself to a younger generation. We don't joke laugh when we see someone blow huge amounts of money at the casino then come back the next week to do it again. So, why should we when we see people do the same on their phones/games/computers? Why haven't we set up ways for these people to seek help--we already have for irl gambling, so why not for virtual gambling?

    Agreed with the need for government to step up when companies get out of hand like this.
    The mere fact that a company is utilizing AI to track spending/potential habits to further target users, is absolutely going to come back and bite the Loot Box industry in the tush. There is no argument you can make to save yourself when someone like that is by your side.
    (Unless Nexon KR makes a public vow to contribute their own AI technology to innovate a more consumer friendly spending model across their sites.)
    It's only a matter of time before the UK makes a move, and I certainly hope Nexon KR is both aware and ready to change for the better.

    A matter of time before the entire gaming industry heads towards collapse.

    I said it once before, I'll say it again:
    Adapt or die.
    And now is the perfect time for Nexon KR to start making the code for adjustments to the Cash Shop, because soon they'll be out of the global business and out of billions- maybe trillions. (Once again.)
    The last thing a company like Nexon wants is to lose the very thing they like to brag about: Global Marketing
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,415
    Posts: 7,857
    Member
    AquaEyes wrote: »
    Honestly, Sen. Josh Hawley doesn't have my support on a lot of other measures he wants to put into place, but his work in big tech (with regulating gambling/loot boxes, working to break up monopolies like Facebook and Google, advocating for stricter data privacy, working to lessen the bias that social media workers have towards conservativism and trying to fight against subsequent censorship [i.e. Facebook had censored a conservative pro-life organization after it's "independent fact checkers" provided the group with a false rating; something that led to the subsequent censorship and removal of the organization. The independent fact checkers were, in fact, abortion rights activists-- so they were unbiased in their "fact checking" ]--and therefore, advocating on behalf of free speech) is pretty great.

    NGL, I'm so glad that he's been able to get the ball rolling to get lootboxes out of games. A majority of Americans use unhealthy ways of coping with their thoughts and emotions; whether its through food or shopping or whatever, addiction is just a reinforced coping skill. And now that shopping can be done with one click through a phone, the number of addicted shoppers has ramped up. I'm sure we all know someone who has an Amazon Prime account and mindlessly one-click buys things. And while loot boxes aren't the exact same as that, they are incredibly similar. We spend money on gacha/loot to maybe get something cool... and then if we don't get it, we feel bad and spend a bit more to try again.

    It's funny to joke about 'whales' who spend hundreds of dollars per gacha release, but its increasingly common as gaming presents itself to a younger generation. We don't joke laugh when we see someone blow huge amounts of money at the casino then come back the next week to do it again. So, why should we when we see people do the same on their phones/games/computers? Why haven't we set up ways for these people to seek help--we already have for irl gambling, so why not for virtual gambling?

    Agreed with the need for government to step up when companies get out of hand like this.
    The mere fact that a company is utilizing AI to track spending/potential habits to further target users, is absolutely going to come back and bite the Loot Box industry in the tush. There is no argument you can make to save yourself when someone like that is by your side.
    (Unless Nexon KR makes a public vow to contribute their own AI technology to innovate a more consumer friendly spending model across their sites.)
    It's only a matter of time before the UK makes a move, and I certainly hope Nexon KR is both aware and ready to change for the better.

    A matter of time before the entire gaming industry heads towards collapse.

    I said it once before, I'll say it again:
    Adapt or die.
    And now is the perfect time for Nexon KR to start making the code for adjustments to the Cash Shop, because soon they'll be out of the global business and out of billions- maybe trillions. (Once again.)
    The last thing a company like Nexon wants is to lose the very thing they like to brag about: Global Marketing

    It's not just as simple as adapt. A business will operate until profitability disappears and then they will probably exit the market and leave it to the strong and few, the 1%. Is Nexon part of that 1%? Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. Regardless, market diversity will be killed off if regulations choke off the life to most of the involved businesses so that a few will benefit.

    Now, I'm not saying regulation is not needed, it is, but depending on the exact type of regulation could be detrimental.

    Also I disagree with your speculation that Nexon needs to change their products and services now or risk losing major market shares and very large amounts of revenues without facts and data to back up that statement.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,550
    Posts: 1,703
    Member
    edited October 24, 2019
    Also I disagree with your speculation that Nexon needs to change their products and services now or risk losing major market shares and very large amounts of revenues without facts and data to back up that statement.
    While we don't know the numbers, I'd still say it's safe to predict that losing the UK would be a bit more of an eye opening loss to KR than Belgium.
    Either way, the rise of Loot Box legislation doesn't change the fact that actions should be taken beforehand to mitigate any potential damages.
    (Presuming if Nexon cannot act to swap out for alternative Cash Shop grabs within the usual presented time frame for take down notices.)
    Last I checked, the NA staff were still asking for items to add to the Cash Shop, so as far as I'm aware, Belgium users still can't directly purchase new items with cash/NX.
    (Not counting the AH/Player Shops/Trades, as NX is Nexon making profit.)