Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[PART 4] Fantastic Memory Relay Event

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Meave wrote: »
    Crims wrote: »
    It's not that hard to do fossil restoration, especially for this event. A friend from a guild discord channel taught us a really simple technique that allows you to get it done within the timer. Clear a frame boarder first, and then clean up the rest. It does not have to be perfect. Just not too much red and as much white as you can clear.

See? It doesn't have to be perfect. It just has to be good enough to pass. You don't get anything extra from doing a perfect job.

I tried it that way 35 times today and NONE of them passed. ALL failures. I hate this even.and I just as well give up because I only have 9 das to do it 5 times a day and I will be short 1 day from trying to do it and not getting it. The event is a wash for me. not going to complete it now so no goodies at the end. OH well

I use the large brush and swerve an outer star mark around it, leaving bits inside, then fill in the outside and with the remaining time, slowly brush off as much as the inner parts as possible, just make sure to not touch the star. A little bit of red and it's dead.
    Darkpixie99
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I just grab big brush, clean it as best and fast as possible and done. Easy.
    Radiant DawnSherri
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi
    Mabinogi Rep: 660
    edited September 17, 2019
    Yeah same. I never bother with other brushes. Just use the biggest one, clean up the stuff no where near the star, then take your time getting the rest.

I';ve only failed once thus far out of 30 and it was due to the cursor teleporting halfway across the screen to the center of the star and making a giant hole of red in it.

you only need 1 success to finish the daily event. Doing all 5 just gives you the maximum amount of useless goodie bags (they'd be a bit more useful if they lasted 24 hours or hell just 8 would be fine or you could at least use more than 1 of each per day).
    Greta
    Greta wrote: »

Works over 60% of the time.
  • GretaGreta

You mean 95%.

Unless you have shaky hands then i feel bad for you.

You mean 95%.

No, it's just that there's no desk and mousepad for me. It's all bed. Sometimes, the mouse censor gets stuck between bed cover seams.
  • GretaGreta

You mean 95%.

No, it's just that there's no desk and mousepad for me. It's all bed. Sometimes, the mouse censor gets stuck between bed cover seams.

I usually use my laptop while sitting on a huge couch with no mousepad or flat surface. My mouse chills on couch surface and it works just nicely as on any table.

You mean 95%.

I usually use my laptop while sitting on a huge couch with no mousepad or flat surface. My mouse chills on couch surface and it works just nicely as on any table.

Maybe, it's just arm adjustment.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    MFW I keep holding Shift to do straight lines or Alt to zoom because I'm not actually using Photoshop.
    Draech
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    Meave wrote: »
    It's not that hard to do fossil restoration, especially for this event. A friend from a guild discord channel taught us a really simple technique that allows you to get it done within the timer. Clear a frame boarder first, and then clean up the rest. It does not have to be perfect. Just not too much red and as much white as you can clear.

See? It doesn't have to be perfect. It just has to be good enough to pass. You don't get anything extra from doing a perfect job.

I tried it that way 35 times today and NONE of them passed. ALL failures. I hate this even.and I just as well give up because I only have 9 das to do it 5 times a day and I will be short 1 day from trying to do it and not getting it. The event is a wash for me. not going to complete it now so no goodies at the end. OH well

Do you have a condition that prevents you from doing it?
  • NeroyNeroy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Hey @Nexon is there any chance you guys are going to sell the bag coupon Extentions for those who joined mid event?(like towards the End)
    Kitt15
  • KahluahKahluah
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    So, with the deletion of the Part 1 Quests, that basically ensures that anyone who misses enough days to not complete the quests of any of the parts will not get the final reward, the Lords of the Seas outfit and etc.

They have one recourse, purchasing any missed Memento sparkles from Pan for 500 Melodies apiece.

At such a steep price, you can basically only miss one and still hope to get the final prize.
    Which if they've already missed so much, they probably would be strapped for Melodies in the first place.

Is that in secret shop?

Yeah
    1461c4ae7a.png

Got it, thanks.

Bringing this back up because i just bought the first memento since I was short on find joe, but it didnt give me the first trophy or a complete sticker. I tried cc to see if i just needed a reset and it didnt work. The only other thing is maybe 7am PST needs to roll around for it to register, thats the only other thing i can think of. If not buying the mementos seems like a total scam if I cant use it to make up for lost time and get the outfit.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    edited September 22, 2019
    Kahluah wrote: »
    So, with the deletion of the Part 1 Quests, that basically ensures that anyone who misses enough days to not complete the quests of any of the parts will not get the final reward, the Lords of the Seas outfit and etc.

They have one recourse, purchasing any missed Memento sparkles from Pan for 500 Melodies apiece.

At such a steep price, you can basically only miss one and still hope to get the final prize.
    Which if they've already missed so much, they probably would be strapped for Melodies in the first place.

Is that in secret shop?

Yeah
    1461c4ae7a.png

Got it, thanks.

Bringing this back up because i just bought the first memento since I was short on find joe, but it didnt give me the first trophy or a complete sticker. I tried cc to see if i just needed a reset and it didnt work. The only other thing is maybe 7am PST needs to roll around for it to register, thats the only other thing i can think of. If not buying the mementos seems like a total scam if I cant use it to make up for lost time and get the outfit.

It's not Nexon's responsibility if you don't login everyday as you were supposed to in order to get the rewards. It's also not a scam because you did not lose any REAL money. If you want the missing trophies or outfit you're gonna have to cough up the gold. The trophies are not that expensive if you actually play the game and earn gold.
    WolfsingerAlshian
  • KahluahKahluah

Is that in secret shop?

Yeah
    1461c4ae7a.png

Got it, thanks.

It's not Nexon's responsibility if you don't login everyday as you were supposed to in order to get the rewards. It's also not a scam because you did not lose any REAL money. If you want the missing trophies or outfit you're gonna have to cough up the gold. The trophies are not that expensive if you actually play the game and earn gold.

You can have that opinion, but even within the event its a scam as the reward for the quest of having all 4 mementos is less that what is paid to obtain one from the secret shop. Nothing about a scam says it has to involve real monetary value, its framing something in a dishonest way, and as everyone I have conversed with has thought that the secret shop was the catch up mechanic I do believe that it would qualify since the event info page has nothing stated on the secret shop and is leaving it to players assumptions. I bought the melody because the way the event is laid out, it seemed like the mechanic for catching up instead of having an extra few days on the end that was a free for all like some other similar events have had. Its not that I cant spend the gold on these items, its that it was assumed the event has a windfall so I wouldn't have to spend gold, and nothing about the event info clarifies what might be a huge misunderstanding that multiple people are having.

The event also had that mixup with the login the second week, so I guess I will send in a ticket to see if this is also something that is not working as intended. But if it is not a problem, then they should add to the event info that buying from the secret shop does not give lost progress so that the misunderstanding that many people are having is resolved.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Does anyone have the image links to the final event Outfit prizes from KR's run?

Male Giant screenshot from KR UGC
    68223052.png
  • KahluahKahluah

Is that in secret shop?

Yeah
    1461c4ae7a.png

Got it, thanks.

After submitting a ticket I got a reply saying it still counts towards the end box even if no complete sticker shows and the box will still be received after talking to lorna after getting the fourth momento.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    After submitting a ticket I got a reply saying it still counts towards the end box even if no complete sticker shows and the box will still be received after talking to lorna after getting the fourth momento.

Would be nice if they pinned that info to the Event page...

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    KR's final event outfit was named: Sealord's Regalia, ours is called Lord of The Seas.
    Doing more research through the KR UGC screenshots, but our localization really added an air of nobility to this event...
    Oh, wait. I think that Lord Of The Seas was actually inspired by the UGC title.
    But man there's a lot of Disney cosplayers in Mabinogi KR. Btw, prepare your wallets for more school uniforms.

KR Fanart done by request of the female version of the event outfit:
    71921741.jpg
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Sitting at 639 melodies.. I hope it's possible to even obtain both the male and female shopping bag outfits, but I'll probably just have to grab the female shopping bag and the just male outfit itself. :/
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Sherri wrote: »
    Sitting at 639 melodies.. I hope it's possible to even obtain both the male and female shopping bag outfits, but I'll probably just have to grab the female shopping bag and the just male outfit itself. :/

It wouldn't surprise me if Nexon NA would rerelease the outfit some time after the G24 update.
    Sherri