Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Advancement Test Tips and Tricks

Comments

• justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    Magnum shot is nearly impossible I've never gotten anymore then 9k points because of multiagro and lag. rip dan 3
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Mazanaki wrote: »
    Oh, I have a tip for the enemy spawns. If you look closely at the crystals, you'll see an elemental bolt floating around them (ice, fire, lightning) that indicates the enemy element that will spawn. This will let you avoid getting lightning sprites completely. It might take a moment to notice since they're hard to see.

I cannot believe this.
    I didn't notice that at all!
    Thank you very much for this clue.
  • megamanexe79megamanexe79
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,115
    Sand Burst: Constantly Blind enemies to get points (killing/doing damage doesn't do anything for your points)
    Once the wave gets down to about 2-3 enemies left, it's best to just kill them all off with other things to reset the room to full enemies, so that you have more people to blind.
    Have Chain Cylinder turned on and be ready to WaterCannon the blinkers instantly. They show up in pairs separately from the mobs.

Water Cannon: Do a lot of water damage to get points.
    Have Chain Cylinder turned on. Standing far away from your target reduces your damage, so stand almost point-blank to them for full damage.
    When you're down to 1 monster left, Sand Burst it and set up a raincloud to increase your Water Cannon's damage while it lasts.

A-rank is at 6k points for both.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I'm having trouble on Firebolt, of all things; can't even seem to get to 9000 points, I don't see how 12000 is doable at all.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Sand Burst: Constantly Blind enemies to get points (killing/doing damage doesn't do anything for your points)
    Once the wave gets down to about 2-3 enemies left, it's best to just kill them all off with other things to reset the room to full enemies, so that you have more people to blind.
    Have Chain Cylinder turned on and be ready to WaterCannon the blinkers instantly. They show up in pairs separately from the mobs.

How are you getting down to 2 - 3 enemies with Sand Burst? The skill shouldn't be killing enough enemies to have to worry about respawning.
  • PrepareYourOwnMealPrepareYourOwnMeal
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Anyone have advice for the Shuriken Charge Test?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Anyone have advice for the Shuriken Charge Test?

Got the hotkey set up for "Move Targeting"?
    It can let you target an enemy without having to click them (and probably attack and get their attention), which can help you have more time to load shuriken charge.
    PrepareYourOwnMeal
  • PrepareYourOwnMealPrepareYourOwnMeal
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Took me awhile, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

I also saw a video of one Korean player who was able to switch targets while charging Shuriken Charge and being able to execute it, when I try to do that for some reason the skill just cancels.
  • Grimreaper97Grimreaper97
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Anyone have any tips for Skuriken Charge? I got it to Dan 1 but just getting A rank is hard enough. I can't even imagine trying to get SS rank. So either I'm doing something seriously wrong or they need to change around the point system with some skills.
  • RaintheswordRainthesword
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,905
    I'm gonna say that most of the Dan tests involve a certain degree of luck but this discussion is certainly insightful on ways to improve your chances, Thunder seems to be one of the few relatively easy tests to take so far with 8k points being the average but you can still get camped against a wall by some of the sprites if more than one gets their magic off on you in which case your probably better off just restarting. Your aim with thunder is just to hit as many groups that are together as possible and one you get to the crystal golems load your first 5 thunder manually than snap cast a second and following that hit it with 2-3 charges should keep it on its toes until you kill it but that depends on luck and the laws of physics that cause your target you hit to fly towards you.
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,140
    Getting Dan 3 on the skills in solo is not so easy since you have to be mega lucky with the critical hits even on Sundays to get the "SS"Rank on the test&it cost 30K gold to boot also!I wonder if there's any tips&tricks to get those "SS"Rank test score? :s
  • knightoneknightone
    Mabinogi Rep: 885
    edited September 14, 2017
    The key to score in the Dan tests is to repeatedly use the Dan test skill. What counts as score is shown as a pop up message on left side.

If you are having problem with non-life skill Dan tests then start with either smash or magnum test depending on if you are human/giant or elf. To score, you have to mindlessly spam smash or magnum respectively. Dan tests for crash shot, windmill, and assault shot are even easier. As we use these skills often we can perform better in these Dan tests.

Our first instinct is to try to kill monsters as in game. However, for Dan test you need to worry only about spamming the tested skill. Try not to use any other skill as they do not score (very little for kill) unless it is support skill. For example, use snapcast for magic tests or windmill for assault slash. Keep firing single fire bolt through out the fire bolt test, use snap cast for crystals, big sprites and golem bosses.

Do not worry about death as there is only 10 sec penalty and you get full hp back. So pick hp pots only if they are right next to you.

With each Dan level the monsters get harder, and the requirements get higher. Use busiest channel on server to delay monster agro,

You keep your skill ranks for Dan tests. For Dan 3 tests make sure to rank up all supporting skills to maximum level (e.g.. magic mastery, magic weapon mastery, bolt mastery, fire mastery and snapcast for fire bolt). So it is helpful to get, for example, Dan 3 smash, assault slash and windmill before attempting Dan 3 combat mastery to score sufficient damage. You will do 15-30% extra damage from rank 1 to Dan 3. Spamming Dan 3 windmill on big groups is a fast way to score for Dan 3 combat mastery.

Try to reach last wave with 30+ seconds left as using the skill on boss scores about 3 times faster. It is a must to get SS grade. This should get you high score even with lag. You can probably try to score approximately 2 k per minute for first 4 minutes and 6 k in the last minute for a total score of 8+6=14 k.

You need 2 S grades for Dan 2 (scores over 9 k) and 3 SS grades for Dan 3 (scores over 12 k). If you are going to pass with A grade (score over 6/7/8 k) but not going to reach the required score to advance then you may want to exit before time runs out and give the test again.

Once you get used to a Dan test technique then move on to the other less familiar tests. Hope this helps.

Update :
    Since too many people are complaining about Dan 3 fire bolt, here is a proper method. It works almost every time.

You can score on golem boss 3 times as fast. You can score at 4 k per minute rate. So you should be somewhere between score of 0 at 2 minutes and score of 4 k at 3 minutes by the time you reach Golem boss. Then attack each boss Golem with snap cast-fire bolt followed by single charge fire bolt to reach neat 10.5 k. You will get a bonus of about 1500 taking your score over 12 k.

You can accomplish this by using fusion bolt on first three spawns since it has 3 to 5 times as much damage compared to fire bolt. Use snap cast-fire bolt when available. Try to use ice-lightning fusion at he start of first spawn and fire-lighting fusion bolt at the start of second spawn on bunched up monsters to kill 4 or more monsters with 4 charges. Usually someone will attack you if you try to charge 5th fusion bolt. In third spawn, attack three big sprites first. Use 4 charges of fusion fire-ice followed by snap cast-fire bolt and all three will probably die. Then spam single fire-lightning fusion bolt or 5 charge ice-fire fusion bolt and single fire bolt to kill the rest of the spawn.

If you happen to get any crystal near deadly state, then you can charge snap cast, melee hit to kill the crystal and then charge fire bolt. You will immediately get second snap cast-fire bolt because of reset after crystal. This is particularly useful for third spawn where you can quickly eliminate two big sprites with two consecutive snap cast-fire bolts that do more damage in less time than fusion bolt. . .

SherriMousy
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited August 26, 2017
    Raishii wrote: »
    Anybody manage to get at least rank S on Sandburst? I got hit by Blinkers maybe 2 or 3 times and that only net me 7.5k, which got me rank A. I just don't know how it'd be possible to get SS.

What i did; blinded enemies, clicked on another (yes, your character runs towards them like an idiot), reload sand burst and use it on them. (repeat process)
    Target blinkers ASAP. It's amazing why they're allowed in Alchemy Dan advancement. T_T
    I raged quite a bit from that experience, I hate working under a timer.
    Listening to music helped me keep my cool and with that, i actually passed with an S.

I've had to try Dan 1 of all the alchemy skills at least three times because of blinkers.
    And the cost really does add up.. 10k for Dan 1, doing a test at least 3 times... just as bad as Dan 3, except im losing more then. x_x (is dan 3 worth 30k?)

Passed Water cannon and flame burst with A's, barely made it through...
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    edited August 26, 2017
    Doing Dan 2 for Ice Spear, I think it's fairly easy

Destroy the crystal (don't destroy the one casting icebolt), since the charge resets you can IS mobs that are gathered around and/or near each other. Ice spear 3+ charges should kill most of them (if it doesn't, take them out with lightning bolt). On the golem, keep spamming ice spear while moving the golem to a corner (use Spellwalk to move around but disable it to save stamina when you get close enough to hit but far enough to avoid getting windmilled/hit. I noticed it only loads windmill most of the time). Repeat until the time limit ends. Don't forget to use Meditation beforehand and use Inspiration when needed.
    knightone wrote: »
    Do not worry about death as there is only 10 sec penalty and you get full hp back. So pick hp pots only if they are right next to you. Try not to use any other skill as they do not score (very little for kill).

Except when you die, you lose 10 sec+ worth of potential points you could be getting (and more sec lost from getting knocked down)

Every second counts... especially for skills that take some time to load
    Kazuhanori
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited August 26, 2017
    For Engineering, you'll get told to make an absurd amount of Hexagonal Nuts/Bolts. Don't use the Queue Items, meaning leave it unchecked. You'll make the items a lot faster. If you're told to make an absurd amount of something, just use that method.

Also, make sure you open all your bags before you get into the shop. Not sure why, but mine didn't open when I bought something so I had to re-enter it and that costs time.

If your creation is related to Dragons, by Hillwen Alloy and all the Dragon mats in multiples. I usually just bought the necessary swords/lances to how many I needed to make because of how much space they take up. Girgashiy Weapons just require Apostle Rings, Apostle Leathers, Sharpened Shards, Hardened Shards and Shining Shards. So just load up on a bunch of those and spam creation.

Like Spy said, for Magic Craft, if you get Bhafel Huntress, restart. For some reason if you have all the mats, it refuses to craft. It's glitched.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Heya I'm having a little trouble with getting Dan 2 on Rising Action. There's a cooldown reset circle in the middle of the stage so I park my puppet close to the button as possible to become a whirlwind of death in the middle of the room. I assume this is how it's supposed to be done but I can't seem to get over the 8k to get S rank mark let alone 12k for SS for Dan 3.

I noticed Sai in an earlier post advised going to a more crowded channel but it didn't seem to help as I load skills slower too.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Anyone have any tips for Skuriken Charge? I got it to Dan 1 but just getting A rank is hard enough. I can't even imagine trying to get SS rank. So either I'm doing something seriously wrong or they need to change around the point system with some skills.

I would too, like to know. I haven't tried it yet(Will soon, been lazy eek). But I can imagine it being tedious.
  • FrozareFrozare
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    edited August 27, 2017
    I don't understand. I have been doing the firebolt test, just the normal one like 7 times. I can't get above 4.5k points. I got 5.6k by luck. My attacks almost never crit, it takes my character so long to charge the spell. It's just impossible. I get stunlocked by the enemy a lot even though I only target one at a time and there doesn't seem to be a way to reset enemy ai. What am I doing wrong? I tried charging and not charging, nothing works. Oh and the WORST THING is when I use the snap cast on one of those big sprite enemies and it doesn't kill it in one shot, then I get ice speared.
    Edit: Did it 2 more times, this is just getting frustrating. My score isn't improving at all. Seems more luck based and I'm getting no crits. Fully loaded firebolts and doing 2k damage -_-.
    Ended up doing smash instead and passing it right away. I hate this...
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    They should of given us Crisis Escape for Dan tests.
    RaishiiShouKPolicromaImaizumi
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Frozare wrote: »
    I don't understand. I have been doing the firebolt test, just the normal one like 7 times. I can't get above 4.5k points. I got 5.6k by luck. My attacks almost never crit, it takes my character so long to charge the spell. It's just impossible. I get stunlocked by the enemy a lot even though I only target one at a time and there doesn't seem to be a way to reset enemy ai. What am I doing wrong? I tried charging and not charging, nothing works. Oh and the WORST THING is when I use the snap cast on one of those big sprite enemies and it doesn't kill it in one shot, then I get ice speared.
    Edit: Did it 2 more times, this is just getting frustrating. My score isn't improving at all. Seems more luck based and I'm getting no crits. Fully loaded firebolts and doing 2k damage -_-.
    Ended up doing smash instead and passing it right away. I hate this...

I agree, I don't know how exactly to go about with Firebolt Dan
This discussion has been closed.